What vaccines are accepted to convert to EU certificate? – Moving to Portugal – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Martinhall banner
  • Serenity Banner
  • spartan Fx

What vaccines are accepted to convert to EU certificate?

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@itexpert7)
Estimable Member

Hello, I'm asking for a friend, how do you go about converting an out of EU vaccine certificate to a EU certificate? I remember something about seeing an SNS email address? Couldn't find it with Googling.

And which vaccines are allowed?

3 Replies

Admin
(@thomasribatejo)
Reputable Member

This article lists the four recognised vaccines, and also the countries whose vaccine passports have been reciprocally accepted since mid/late September, avoiding the need for conversion.

I cannot find any official means of converting a non-EU certificate. I recall possibly anecdotal suggestions that this could happen, but more so in other countries than here. I think it would only be possible for people registered with the SNS in any event, so I'd suggest liaising with staff at the health centre at which the person is registered, or at a testing centre. Someone else may have more specifics if indeed a conversion process does exist.

2 Replies
Premium Member
(@itexpert7)

Estimable Member

@thomasribatejo 
Thank you. Which article?
But surely all these Americans and new British people coming to Portugal have to be able to convert their vaccine passes to Portuguese/EU.

Admin
(@thomasribatejo)

Reputable Member

@itexpert7 The link is connected to the word "article", sorry!

If the UK/US documents are recognised, I am not sure it's strictly necessary... but for people registered with the SNS, it's probably worth people seeing whether there is a way.  I can't answer for the rights and wrongs!

• EI Banner
  • Serenity Banner
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online