4 questions: art, weather, school, & location – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

4 questions: art, weather, school, & location

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@bordiano)

Hello!

We are a US family of 5 (Mom, Dad, 2 girls & 1 dog) moving the end of June and have a few questions:

1.  Is there a town know for living and working artists on the Silver Coast?  I have heard that Nazare and Castelo Branco (yes, I know that is Central Portugal) are two towns known for their art scene, but are there others?  

2. I have read that the temperature difference doesn't vary much North to South on the Silver coast, but how does the humidity/damp issues vary?  

3. Our girls have never gone to a traditional school they have been primarily in public Montessori school (they will be going into grades 3 and 6).  Are there any public Montessori schools or really any nontraditional school in Portugal?  My googling hasn't found anything except on Madiera. If they can survive a year of distance learning, I know they will be able to adapt to a traditional school, but I was hoping this community might know of public or parent-run school that is not coming up in my searches.

4. Last question, if you were to pick one central town to rent in over the summer, to be able to travel up and down the coast to look at properties, what would it be?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Tessa, Dixon, Beatrix, Ines, and Harley

2 Replies

VIP Member
(@old-bloke)
Noble Member
1 Reply
Premium Member
(@bordiano)

@old-bloke thanks for the link! Unfortunately they are all private schools and that is out of our reach 😔

EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online