Another happy newcomer. – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum

Premium Member benefit

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Blevins Franks banner

Another happy newcomer.  

Community Member
Topic starter
(@cabrita)

Hello everybody 😊 . 

I am Ana from Spain. I moved to Portugal a few months ago and I live in a lovely rural area, quiet and peaceful, which is fantastic in general but not great for meeting people. 

If any of you live near Aveiro and is a nature lover like me, please let me know, perhaps we could organize a lovely stroll. That's my favorite thing but I am open to other plans as well.

Enjoy the wonderful Portugal.

Take care,

Ana

8 Replies

Premium Member
(@bateleur)

Hi Ana, My partner, Glynne and I currently live in Manchester but are looking for a place to move to in about 3 years (we are both originally from South Africa). The two countries that top our list of possibilities are Portugal and Spain. So, I'm particularly interested in why you have moved from Spain to Portugal and, if you don't mind telling, where you lived in Spain. Also, why you particularly chose Aveiro.

It sounds like everyone is pretty friendly in Portugal so I'm sure you'll meet up with plenty of friends very soon.

Best regards, Charles

1 Reply
Community Member
(@cabrita)

@bateleur 

Hello Charles. 

Both are wonderful countries and I love them. I moved to Portugal, and to the Aveiro district in particular because my boyfriend is from here. I am a bit worried about the winter here since I am from Andalusia (Seville) and I need the sun 😎 . Hopefully there is enough of it throught Autumn and Winter. So far it's been great.

Why in three years if I may ask? Do you have any favourite places already?

People are friendly indeed and it would certainly be nice to have friends.

Thank you for your message, Charles.

Take care,

Ana

Premium Member
(@jives)
Trusted Member

Hi Cabrita and Bateleur

We are coming from England but originally South Africa and before that Zimbabwe. 

Spain and Portugal both good options and I too am curious about moving from Spain to Portugal.

We love hiking so will keep an eye out for future possible hikes.  We were members of the Voetsak 😆 club in SA.

Warm wishes

J

5 Replies
Community Member
(@cabrita)

@jives

Hello Jives!

Are you living in Portugal? Whereabout?

Hiking (nature) is great, isn't it?

Best wishes,

Ana

Premium Member
(@jives)

Trusted Member

@cabrita not yet 😪

Community Member
(@cabrita)

@jives I hope that you can move here soon if that's what you want. Good luck.

Premium Member
(@luise)

Trusted Member

@cabrita Hi I'm here on my own. I'm staying in Coimbra for the next month. I'd love to go for a walk and explore your area. It's just 50mins on the train. 🙂

Community Member
(@cabrita)

@luise Hi Luise! That would be great 🙂!

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you renew your membership.

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online