Carting Grandma's Dream – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Carting Grandma's Dream

3 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
Community Member
Topic starter
(@darmel)

Hello, my name is Darmel and I'm part Portugese (my great grandmother) and part African American. I'm visiting Portugal in March for several reasons, but mainly to see what Great Grandmother missed and longed to see again. My goal is to relocate to Portugal when I retire and invest in a local community.  I'm a widow x 3 years and have 4 adult children. 

2 Replies
Community Member
(@antonio_f)

If your great grandmother told you anything about here birth place (village/town) in PT, almost for sure it will be a lot different now. Check the forum and GMP for other people's opinion on their living places in Portugal, its particular characteristics, so you choose the adequate place for you. And visit several times, in different times of the year, so you get to know the ups and downs. Best wishes on your future move.

Community Member
(@aspidistra)

Wow that sounds like this will be a really interesting trip for you, Darmel. Look forward to hearing more.

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Full access to community Forum
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal" guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Plus

• We are no longer taking applicants for this program
  • Look out for new features on our new site coming soon

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal