crypto friendly bank? – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

crypto friendly bank?

Page 1 / 2

Community Member
Topic starter
(@nick4rv)

Hi, first time here.

Preparing our relocation to the Algarve. As everything starts with NIF and a bank account, I wonder if anyone could provide info on a crypto friendly bank? Any experiences?

14 Replies

Premium Member
(@ryanfromzion)

Hi Nick. Just wondering if you received any info on this, as i am also interested in this topic. I have watched a few youtube vids (heidi @ cryptotips) with crypto investors in portugal, but they uave not disclosed what banks they use. Good luck in yoir research. 

2 Replies
VIP Member
(@juliet514)

Eminent Member

Hi both. I use Millennium and they have always been ok for crypto

Community Member
(@nick4rv)

@juliet514 Good to see a confirmation!  Thank you!

Community Member
Topic starter
(@nick4rv)

You are the first to reply to my post. So, no information from this community. Astonishing, as I thought crypto is one of the drivers to move to Portugal.  Seems that crypto is not of major interest here, although I saw signs of creating a crypto forum.

I´m still struggling to get information about crypto friendly banks in Portugal. Or it is not even an issue, as crypto are considered currency.

Premium Member
(@ryanfromzion)

No worries. I am not yet in Portugal and was planning to do more research on banks when i land (plan for end of the year). What exchanges have you researched to exit to fiat? The only one that i feel somewhat safe about is Kraken, but there must be some small on/off ramp apps available in the Portuguese/EU market (we have many in Canada).

If you end up getting soke info, please let me know...i will do the same 🙂

Community Member
Topic starter
(@nick4rv)

I am a EU citizen using exchanges worldwide. But in EU we have Swissborg (Switzerland) and Bitpanda (Austria) which have good reputation and even banking licences. That should be pretty save for on/off ramp for fiat. Of course you have to comply with KYC/AML requirements.

We will be in the Algarve in winter (November to....?). Let´s keep in touch!

2 Replies
Premium Member
(@ryanfromzion)

@nick4rv thanks for the tip on those 2 exchages, i will check them out.

When i land and get settled in, i also plan to spend my winters in the Algarve (with the rest in the north...Porto or Braga)...i have read that its nice and quiet 🙂

Ya, lets keep in touch...always nice to find a fellow crypto enthusiast. 

Community Member
(@nick4rv)

@ryanfromzion Super! You are welcome to visit us in our new home in Lagos!

Page 1 / 2

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online