crypto friendly bank? - Page 2 – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Martinhall banner
  • Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

crypto friendly bank?

Page 2 / 2

Community Member
Topic starter
(@nick4rv)

Hi, first time here.

Preparing our relocation to the Algarve. As everything starts with NIF and a bank account, I wonder if anyone could provide info on a crypto friendly bank? Any experiences?

15 Replies

Ask Our Expats Consultant
(@pamalcobaca)

I know nothing about crypto-currency! but I did find this article which may be of interest (use a translation tool if you don't know Portuguese). Of the 2 brokers mentioned (Smart Token Lda and Mind the Coin), only Mind the Coin has any easy to find information - they have a facebook page. Apparently they have a bitcoin ATM in the Algarve.

1 Reply
Community Member
(@nick4rv)

@pamalcobaca Thank you! That is indeed very interesting and useful information!

Community Member
(@georges)

I have just moved to Portugal last week, and buying a property.  I opened an account with Millenium BCP based on a recommendation of a fellow Cryptolite.
To pay for the house, I sent a substantial amount to the account from FTX exchange using SEPA.  Funds arrived, zero questions, no problems.
Hope that helps.

4 Replies
Community Member
(@samsi)

@georges Hey Gergoes! Fellow cryptovite here.
I'm planning on moving to Portugal too, and have a couple of questions I was hoping you might be able to answer, seeing as you've already made the move 🙂

I sent you a PM!

Community Member
(@nick4rv)

@georges  Thanks for the tip! Good to hear that Millenium seems to be relaxed about funds with crypto origins. And it is to my knowledge one of the biggest banks in Portugal with offices everywhere! That really helps. Would you disclose what city branch you are using? Algarve?

Community Member
(@georges)

Community Member
(@ronin)

@georges Hi Georges, 

Greetings from the UK. We are planing to move in January while holding an EU passport this shouldn’t be too complicated. Reading your post I wonder whether you can recommend a moving company? In addition if you have found an tax accountant who could help with crypto enquiries please share. I contacted a few ( simple research on the www) if I find someone reliable and helpful I am happy to share too. 

Thx, 

Oliver

Page 2 / 2

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online