D7 Visa Application Question – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• spartan Fx
  • Martinhall banner
  • Serenity Banner

D7 Visa Application Question

Community Member
Topic starter
(@mn-transplant)

Hello! I'm am working on submitting applications for my family and myself. A few questions are giving me trouble.

How important is it to get the fax# for your accommodations?

For name and address of inviting company/organization - is that only for people who are getting a work visa? I'm applying for the retirement visa so I suppose this questions doesn't apply to me.

I figured there would be another post about these questions, but I couldn't find one by searching the forum.

Thanks for the help!

2 Replies

tdn
Community Member
(@tdn)
Estimable Member

Hi Troy, 

Welcome to the forum and our community here! We, my husband and I, have just recently went through the whole process of applying and getting D7, so our experience is still fresh. Even though we used services of Ei, I still can answer some of your questions.

1. no, you can skip a fax #  

2. yes, you can skip it, if you are not invited by a company. 

3. I have posted some other answers and tips regarding the application which you should be able to find here:

https://expatsportugal.com/community/residency-visa-citizenship/vfs-appointment-and-documents-tips/

also, try searching just “D7” and you should see more posts and discussions.

Overall, we found a whole visa process to be easy and smooth. And surprisingly very fast!  We, those on the West coast, are assigned to a San Francisco consulate and have to go via VFS, which requires you to apply in person. For those on the East coast, and assigned to a Washington DC embassy, everything could be done by mailing to VFS. 

I hope it helps. good luck!
tatiana

Community Member
Topic starter
(@mn-transplant)

Thank you for the help!

• Serenity Banner
  • EI Banner
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online