1. My wife and I are from South Africa but we are in Turkey for 8 months already. Can we enter Portugal/Madeira form Turkey within the next two to three months? Are the borders open?
2. If the answer for #1 is YES, then, can we enter without mandatory vaccinations because we are against vaccinations. However, we are willing to undergo covid tests, that is not a problem. We are in perfect health.
3. Combined we earn US$1,500 - US$2,500 (it fluctuates) a month online. Do you think we would qualify for any of the visa's available? Or is it better to first earn more money per month and then try to get approved? I have to add that we plan to start an additional business once we are in Portugal.
4. Is it not better to first go to Portugal as tourists (like we did when we went to Turkey) and then apply for the appropriate / applicable visa? Because we can't go to any Embassy, it is closed in Turkey and we are not in South Africa anymore.
5. Is there someone you personally know who can help us get into Portugal - someone with contacts in the government that would kindly assist us through the process?
NOTE: We wrote more than one letter (to more than one person) to both agencies approved by Expats Portugal and we are still waiting for any kind of response from them.