Do We Qualify On 20 July 2021 To Enter Portugal? – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

Do We Qualify On 20 July 2021 To Enter Portugal?

Izak
Community Member
Topic starter
(@izak)

1. My wife and I are from South Africa but we are in Turkey for 8 months already. Can we enter Portugal/Madeira form Turkey within the next two to three months?  Are the borders open?

2. If the answer for #1 is YES, then, can we enter without mandatory vaccinations because we are against vaccinations. However, we are willing to undergo covid tests, that is not a problem. We are in perfect health.

3. Combined we earn US$1,500 - US$2,500 (it fluctuates) a month online. Do you think we would qualify for any of the visa's available?  Or is it better to first earn more money per month and then try to get approved?  I have to add that we plan to start an additional business once we are in Portugal. 

4. Is it not better to first go to Portugal as tourists (like we did when we went to Turkey) and then apply for the appropriate / applicable visa? Because we can't go to any Embassy, it is closed in Turkey and we are not in South Africa anymore.

5. Is there someone you personally know who can help us get into Portugal - someone with contacts in the government that would kindly assist us through the process?

NOTE: We wrote more than one letter (to more than one person) to both agencies approved by Expats Portugal and we are still waiting for any kind of response from them.  

Thank you.

Izak 

7 Replies

Admin
(@gerry)
Honorable Member

Dear @izak

Thank you for this post. Please let me know what companies from our recommendations that you contacted and I will look into this. You can send me a Private Message to @gerry or email to admin@expatsportugal.com

6 Replies
 Izak
Community Member
(@izak)

@gerry Hello!  Thanks for your reply and help - much appreciated.  The two companies are Ei! Migration and Reis & Pellicano.  I will also forward you the email I sent to them.

Admin
(@gerry)

Honorable Member

@izak Thanks for sending through the copy email. I will look into this and get back to you.

However, I note your email to Ei! and Reis & Pellicano is dated 20 July and I suggest it is unreasonable to expect a reply within a few hours. 

Izak
Community Member
(@izak)

@gerry Pleasure Gerry.  I also sent an email to geral@eimigrante.pt on the 16th (6 days ago) with no reply.  That is when I sent another one to several people on the 20th.  I will wait patiently, no problem.  I guess they are just busy.  Thank you for your help.  I appreciate that. 

Admin
(@gerry)

Honorable Member

@izak OK, matter resolved and you now have a response from Ei!.

To be fair, from 16th to this morning is actually 4 days and 2 are weekends when these companies don't work (officially).

Anyway, you are now in contact with Ei! and they have answered your immediate questions.

Izak
Community Member
(@izak)

@gerry Thanks, I appreciate your assistance. 😀

Izak
Community Member
(@izak)

@gerry Just a quick update ... I received an email from Gilda, thank you.  My response was as follows: Based on your answers we think it's better to go to Portugal as tourists first. That will give us the perfect opportunity to first check things out and gain some experience. Then we can make an informed decision whether we actually want to apply for residency visa, or not. As digital nomads, working online, we do not have a problem staying there (for whatever time period) while we wait for our applications to be approved.

We will make contact with you again once we have arrived in Portugal.

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online