Flying to UK from Porto — Covid testing – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Serenity Banner
  • spartan Fx

Flying to UK from Porto — Covid testing

Topic starter
(@debnjon)

Hi, in Portugal at the moment and travelling back to UK on Tuesday. Does anyone have any experience of getting an antigen test for travel back to the UK?

We're in Alvoco da Serra — Serra da Estrela natural park atm 

We've heard you can get the test done at a pharmacy, does anyone know if this information ids correct?

Googling it, it seems drive thru testing is the main way. I know Porto airport does them, but you have to allow at least 4 hrs and it feels like we're cutting it a bit fine to wait until then, especially as there is also a strike there until 31st.  Many thanks 

2 Replies

Community Member
(@aspidistra)
Estimable Member

Yes, you can have it done at certain pharmacies. The tourist boards seem to list which ones (we are in the Algarve so can’t help you but google covid tests and your area). Like you we thought it was risky to have it done at the last minute at the airport, as there are stories of people missing flights and so on.

Once I found a pharmacy that does the antigen test (some only do the PCRs and some don't do any) I emailed to book an appointment (using google translate in my case) and they emailed back to confirm. 

My choice of pharmacy was dictated by a) distance and b) being next door to a place that does remarkably delicious coffee and toasties.

1 Reply
(@debnjon)

@aspidistra thank you so much for replying I really appreciate that.

We've actually decided to take a trip to Porto and have organised a drive thru test. We will becoming back in Sept/October/Nov house hunting so will bear your advice in mind next time— I'm especially loving your criteria for choosing a pharmacy, I think I shall do likewise!

A top tip for anyone though, is we discovered if we hyperlinked from Easy Jet to Unilabs the cost is 25 Euros instead of 100 Euros when booking directly!

• EI Banner
  • Serenity Banner
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • Sovereign Group Leaderboard

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online