Health Insurance – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Health Insurance

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@berryman)

I interested to here from members about what health Insurance they recommend that is compliant with the D7 visa requirements. I am looking for a basic compliant cover as I move forward with my application for a D7 visa Any feedback would be appreciated. I have read that the Portuguese Automobile Association has health insurance as well as other useful benefits. 

Thanks for any recommendations 

Dave

7 Replies

Premium Member
(@michael_tn)
Trusted Member

Hi Dave, Leslie and I have been using World Nomads as our base travel insurance for a couple years and have been satisfied with their service. We submitted a policy from them in our D7 application to the Washington DC consulate and it was readily accepted. https://www.worldnomads.com/

-- Michael

5 Replies
Community Member
(@mn-transplant)

@michael_tn

Hi! Do you know off hand with the D7 do you only need to submit proof of coverage for 120 days (length of the temporary visa)?

Premium Member
(@michael_tn)

Trusted Member

@mn-transplant we submitted a 120 day travel insurance policy with our D7 application to the Washington DC consulate and it was accepted. When you have your SEF appointment you need a real policy, not just a travel policy. hope that helps some.

Community Member
(@mn-transplant)

@michael_tn

Thank you for the help!

Premium Member
(@paulr)

Trusted Member

@michael_tn Tried this company but you have to be young under 65!

Premium Member
(@michael_tn)

Trusted Member

@paulr bugger! good to know that and keep in mind, thanks paul!

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@berryman)

Thank you Michael appreciate the info

spartan Fx

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online