Hello from a new member – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

Hello from a new member

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@jerzy54)
Eminent Member

Boa Tarde, to all members of the Expats Portugal and to Portugal. I have been watching YouTube Expats Portugal show with Carl for some time now and enjoying listening to all personal stories and advices from the members of this community and from experts helping people to relocate to Portugal. Today I decided to join as a premium member and that's is why I'm introducing myself to this forum.

I'm 67 years old living on Long Island New York. I was born in Gdynia Poland and I did immigrate to US in 1983. I'm dual Polish and American citizen.

Why I joined this forum is? After visiting Azores in 2018 and then again main land of Portugal in March 2020 my wife and myself we fell in love with this beautiful country and its friendly and generous people.

Unfortunately last year trip was cut short due to Covid19 and we were one of the last tourist to leave Lisbon a day before shutdown.

After coming back to Long Island we had a lot of discussions about different standard of living in Portugal. People were much more friendly and helpful to us, even if we don't speak Portuguese.

After events of the January 6th and following political and social situation in the United States we started to explore possibility of moving to Portugal and join the always growing expats community.

This is why we are going again to Lisbon on August 6th. and we are planning to travel thru out the country for three weeks to get to know different areas starting from Porto, Coimbra, Albufeira, Evora and on the end three days in Lisbon. 

We know that is just the small part of the country, but we will have a rental car and then we can expend our area a little bit.

Well this is our plan and we hope it will come to realizations, because we have been following news from Portugal and we are little bit nervous about spread of the Delta variant and all the different restrictions in municipalities thru out the country. We are however fully vaccinated, but I don't know is our vaccine card a valid vaccination proof in Portugal.

Boa noite Jerzy

8 Replies

Premium Member
(@livinginusa)
Trusted Member

@jerzy54 Welcome from a former LI'er.  Living in NC with the hopes of moving to Portugal in the next couple of years.........

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@jerzy54)

Eminent Member

@livinginusa Thanks, Eric. I think Portugal offers good and safe living for expats.

This is my third trip to Portugal and if everything checks in we would like to move sometime next year.

Ask Our Expats Consultant
(@pamalcobaca)

Hi @Jerzy54 welcome to the group. Enjoy your trip in August - sounds like you're looking to be based in a city? If you have any questions about lifestyle etc, just ask!

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@jerzy54)

Eminent Member

@pamalcobaca Thank you for the welcome and we will be having a lots of questions after this trip.

Admin
(@carlm)
Reputable Member

Ola Jerzy! Thanks for joining, it's appreciated 😀 

3 Replies
Premium Member
(@jerzy54)

Eminent Member

@carlm Thanks Carl, I'm hoping that we will be able to come to Portugal next week, but the news is getting worse every day. Now US put Portugal on the red list, like here is any better. I am starting to think, that getting vaccinated to be able to travel was only big B.S.

Admin
(@carlm)

Reputable Member

@jerzy54 I'm really sorry to hear this and hope the situation changes for the better soon

Premium Member
(@jerzy54)

Eminent Member

@carlm we are coming don't matter what.

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online