Hi all! New member here! – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum

learn portuguese

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

winsurance banner

Hi all! New member here!

Page 1 / 2

Community Member
Topic starter
(@teamw)

Hey! Just wanted to introduce myself. We are currently in Clearwater area, Florida in the US. We have started the process of migration with Gilda at Ei Migration. We have lived all over the United States and parts of Australia. We are a family of mostly girls, with my hubby being the only male. Poor sod. Totally outnumbered. Just wanting to get some introductions going and hopefully will get some insight into the best area for my girls and me.

Cheers

7 Replies

VIP Member
(@peterfc)
Famed Member

Hi

Welcome to the Forum. I would suggest you look at a map of Portugal at areas you may like then draw up a top ten of what you want and need. Then do a top ten of what you would hate.

You will find everybody will say where they live is the best.

If there areas don't have what you want it's a waste. There are some fabulous places inland from Coimbra but if it doesn't give you what you want keep searching.

You will find what you want.

Best of luck

Peter

1 Reply
 Anonymous

Anonymous

Portugal. Too many choices. Your family is going to love it.

Premium Member
(@livinginusa)
Trusted Member

@teamw Welcome to the Forum.  @peterfc Has provided a good idea as a starting point for trying to narrow things down.  My Wife and I are originally from NY and now live in NC.  We are hoping to retire to PT in 2022.

We have just booked a two week trip to PT for September in hopes of finding which City we may like to move to.  We have initially chosen to visit Lisbon, Coimbra and Porto.  Lets see what happens......

Good luck in your search!

1 Reply
Community Member
(@kelsteph)

@livinginusa That's funny .. you and your wife are on almost the same schedule as us.  We are hoping for late 2022, and have booked a two week trip in September to check out some areas as well, however, we will likely settle in one of the Algarve towns.

Premium Member
(@peggyl)
Reputable Member

@teamw

Portugal is a relatively small yet very diverse country. You could be in the Mountains or oceanside, in the city, a small hamlet or the country, I think most of us agree that the very special place for you & your family is waiting for you to discover it. Most of us did a lot of driving and looking around before we found our "forever homes". If you do per chance come to the Algarve (southern region) send me a PM and my hubby & I would be glad to show you around some. Best of luck

@peggyL

Page 1 / 2

EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online