Hi everyone, I’m Sharon – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Hi everyone, I’m Sh...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either log in or register to join in the conversation.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please click on "Lost your password?" on the login page.

Explorations Africa Banner Ad

Hi everyone, I’m Sharon  

RSS

(@sands6979)
New Member Community Member
06/08/2020 11:33 am  

We’ve been planning to move to Portugal for a while now. We couldn’t decide on a ready villa or somewhere to renovate so we’ve decided to take a trip very soon to see some of the properties we really like (both built and needing renovating) 

any advice would be greatly appreciated as you’ll already know it’s a bit of a minefield 

(@astridff)
Active Member Admin
06/08/2020 10:24 pm  

Welcome to the forum @sands6979

Do you have an idea of where you want to live or the lifestyle you want to live?

We are currently in the process of renovating an old ruin on our Quinta (small farm). Luckily for me my husband is Portuguese so I couldn't imagine doing it without him being able to communicate with the builders.

However, I do know a lot of people who have managed to do amazing renovation work without speaking the language.

ReplyQuote
(@sands6979)
New Member Community Member
07/08/2020 9:51 am  

@astridff hello nice to make acquaintance. I’ve seen a few amazing quintas online so when we come over in a few weeks we’re going to view some. That lifestyle really appeals to me, although I’m pretty sure it’s not quite as idyllic as it first seems 🤣 we’d like somewhere not too far from the coast the coimbra area seems to be the one that’s sticking out to us most but who knows. 
I understand that the Portuguese lifestyle is a lot more laid back than here in the uk and contractors work to their own schedule to say the least haha. Hope things are going well for you definitely having a Portuguese hubby will help, might have to trade mine in 😉 

ReplyQuote
(@astridff)
Active Member Admin
07/08/2020 10:41 am  

The area near Coimbra is lovely - we have a lot of forum members from that region.

If you are looking for particular advice about buying an old house and renovating, I would suggest starting a new thread with that title so people know what your topic is about. We have a section for Renovation etc.

Also, you may like to join our webinar in September about buying a property in Portugal. We give priority seating to Premium Members so if you feel this forum is worth the €20 per year, please upgrade. You can also watch a previous webinar on our new YouTube channel 🙂

https://expatsportugal.com/event/portugal-calling-how-to-buy-proprety-in-portugal/

ReplyQuote

Blevins Franks Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Receive exclusive member benefits from our partners: view current offers
      • Priority access to our Zoom meet-ups and webinars
      • Join any Group within our Online Community
      • Include your local events in our events calendar
      • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
I WANT TO BE A PREMIUM MEMBEROnly €25 per year
Share:

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online