Hi thanks for letting me join you all. – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum

learn portuguese

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Sovereign Group Leaderboard

Hi thanks for letting me join you all.

Community Member
Topic starter
(@kieron)

Thanks for letting me join,the reason being I am thinking of purchasing holiday home with a view to retire into it in 4/5 years time and having a British passport living in Ireland for the last 28 years the million dollar question is Spain or Portugal ? after the complications of Brexit.Any advice would be great.Thanks Kieron

4 Replies

VIP Member
(@old-bloke)
Noble Member

I would think that question on a Portuguese expat forum is likely to elicit more in favour of Portugal than Spain. We all have reasons particular to ourselves for choosing as we did.

I am aware that a number of Brits are reconsidering their retirement plans due to the higher income requirement Spain stipulates compared to Portugal.

Admin
(@gerry)
Reputable Member

@kieron My view as an Irishman living here is that Portugal is like Ireland but with sunshine 😎 

Community Member
Topic starter
(@kieron)

Hi Gerry,that sounds perfect.Is there any particular areas you can recommend for good value properties.Thanks Kieron

Admin
(@gerry)
Reputable Member

Hi @kieron

Have a look through our recent webinars particularly on 'Where to Live' and Cost of Living'. You will find them through the link below. Also suggest you give us an idea of the lifestyle you are looking for in Portugal and I am sure you will receive lots of suggestions as to where to live and indications of property prices.

https://expatsportugal.com/portugal-calling-webinars/

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online