Howdy from Texas – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either log in or register to join in the conversation.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please click on "Lost your password?" on the login page.

Live and Invest Portugal

Howdy from Texas  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

MaxG
(@maxgravy)
Eminent Member Premium Member
10/08/2020 7:44 pm  

Hi and thank you for the website. I just joined over the weekend and am looking forward to learning and sharing. My wife and I are planning to move to Portugal. We've wanted to do this for a long time and finally decided to make it happen. I have a call scheduled with Ei! tomorrow morning. 

We're currently retired in rural Texas and would like to live in a small quiet town in Portugal. Our plan to is to rent in Lisbon for a few months and explore different areas before we settle down. The Coimbra area seems to make the most sense. 

-Randy

AnaVieira liked
(@gerry)
Reputable Member Admin
11/08/2020 10:34 am  

@maxgravy

Hello Randy and welcome. I've spent some time in Texas (mostly Houston and Dallas) and always impressed with the openness and friendliness of the people. 

Coimbra and the surrounding area is a great choice and very sensible to rent somewhere first and explore. We have lots of members (including myself) in this area so we should be able to help with your questions.

Meanwhile, good luck and best wishes

Gerry 

ReplyQuote
(@anavieira)
Active Member Community Member
12/08/2020 6:07 pm  

Hello Randy!

You will love Portugal.

Coimbra is great to live and to enjoy the country. You can travel north and south easily :), you will find more affordable houses there than in bigger cities, and you have good infrastructure (hospitals, museums, roads, public services), nice people and beautiful landscapes around. 
All the best!

Ana

ReplyQuote
 MaxG
(@maxgravy)
30/08/2020 4:41 pm  

Thank you for the kind replies. I'm enjoying this site very much and hope to spend more time participating. We've been very busy. There's so much to do before expat-ing! Is that even a word? 🤨 

gerry and AnaVieira liked
ReplyQuote
(@astridff)
Active Member Admin
30/08/2020 4:58 pm  

@maxgravy perhaps we should invent the word if it doesn't exist alreay... "expating"... love it 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@anavieira)
Active Member Community Member
30/08/2020 10:47 pm  

I’m expating

you are expating 

they are expating 

🤣 🤣 🤣 

gerry liked
ReplyQuote
 MaxG
(@maxgravy)
30/08/2020 11:19 pm  

WE are expating! 👍 

ReplyQuote
(@gerry)
Reputable Member Admin
31/08/2020 3:47 pm  

And what are your expatations???

AnaVieira liked
ReplyQuote
 MaxG
(@maxgravy)
01/09/2020 5:14 pm  

This is all starting to feel very real. Today we got our NIF numbers from Eimigrante. We're using them for full service. So far they have been very helpful and friendly. 

Also, my wife joined this site yesterday, user name: Splunky. She has not received a confirmation and isn't able to log in. 

ReplyQuote
(@astridff)
Active Member Admin
01/09/2020 5:17 pm  

@maxgravy just had a quick look and can't find any user for that name. Perhaps something went wrong. Can you ask her to try again?

Astrid

ReplyQuote
 MaxG
(@maxgravy)
01/09/2020 5:21 pm  

She just submitted it again. I think she left a field blank the first time. She will be upgrading to Premium as well. 😀 

ReplyQuote
(@astridff)
Active Member Admin
01/09/2020 5:23 pm  

@maxgravy great. can see her registration come through. When she upgrades (which we so appreciate ❤️ ), ensure she is logged in so she can use the same username etc.

ReplyQuote
 MaxG
(@maxgravy)
01/09/2020 5:30 pm  

Thank you @astridff. She's signed up now as a premium member. We want to support this site. 👍 

gerry liked
ReplyQuote
 MaxG
(@maxgravy)
02/09/2020 9:48 pm  

@astridff I'd like to post updates on our progress obtaining the D7. Should I post here, or start a new thread in a different location? Thanks! 

ReplyQuote
(@astridff)
Active Member Admin
04/09/2020 6:52 pm  

@maxgravy I would suggest you start a new thread and ensure you name your title accordingly. Perhaps put it under Non EU Folk.

Great idea by the way.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Receive exclusive member benefits from our partners: view current offers
      • Priority access to our Zoom meet-ups and webinars
      • Join any Group within our Online Community
      • Include your local events in our events calendar
      • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
I WANT TO BE A PREMIUM MEMBEROnly €25 per year
Share:

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online