Internet connection in Graça, Pedrogao Grande – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Internet connection...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either log in or register to join in the conversation.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please click on "Lost your password?" on the login page.

Blevins Franks Banner

Internet connection in Graça, Pedrogao Grande  

VIP Member
(@nelliek)

Hi We have just bought a house on the outskirts of Graca and want to have a good internet connection. I checked on the 4G, 3G and 2G connection from Meo, Nos and Vodaphone and there does not seem to be good coverage. We don't need bundles with TV. Grateful for any advice. Nell

2 Replies
VIP Member
(@suegrahamellis)
Eminent Member

Hi Nell,
Not clear whether you have a landline (with potential access to fibre-optic) or not. We are about 10km from you and have no landline and currently use NOS via mobile. We get a good 3G signal and get around 1.4 meg off-peak, dropping to about 0.8 at peak times, costs about 30 euros a month for unlimited downloads. All the mobile suppliers should be able to supply you with a dongle that you can return for a full refund if you don't get a decent signal at home. Signal will be very dependant on your exact location. If you can get access to a fibre-optic landline, that will probably be a much better option.
Cheers
Graham

VIP Member
(@nelliek)

Thanks Graham, I guess we should get a PAYG Portuguese sim but, will explore getting a landline ASAP. I don't think fibre optic will be available in Marinha.

Nell

Sovereign Group Leaderboard

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Join any Group within our Online Community
    • Get social on Zoom meet-ups and webinars
    • List products free of charge in Buy, Swap, Sell & Wanted
    • Include your local events in our events calendar
    • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
    • Receive exclusive member benefits and discounts from our partners
I WANT TO BE A PREMIUM MEMBEROnly €20 per year
Share:

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online