Intro architect and writer interested in moving to Portugal – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Serenity Banner
  • spartan Fx

Intro architect and writer interested in moving to Portugal

Iris
Community Member
Topic starter
(@iris)

Husband is an architect and I am a writer. We loved the creative/artistic vibe of Portugal on our last visit and want to eventually retire there. My husband is ready to move now, but I have work obligations that will keep me here for a while. We are going ahead anyway with an exploratory tour this year to help us decide where we want to live. This forum seems like a great place to get answers to questions we are navigating. Muito prazer!

6 Replies

Community Member
(@antonio_f)
Estimable Member

Iris, just browse this forum, pop questions, watch GMP and you'll have a clearer image of Portugal. That way you'll see if it suits you and where to search the right place to land.

Welcome to Portugal

5 Replies
 Iris
Community Member
(@iris)

@antonio_f Thank you so much, Antonio! Yes, we are watching and are subscribed to many vloggers on YouTube and have watched GMP episodes as well. I am so thankful for all the info people share online and I also fall in love with all the sights people showcase, but for practicality's sake, we are thinking of some place within an hour of Lisbon or Porto. We hope to take a look at Setubal, Caldas da Raihna, Aveiro and Braga on our next visit. I have already found answers on the forum from other people's questions about NIF, etc.

Community Member
(@jeanmori7)

Eminent Member

@iris if you don't mind me asking, the regions you mention are more to the north, have you looked at the Algarves for example.  Just curious 🙂 thank you

Iris
Community Member
(@iris)

@jeanmori7 I had looked at some videos of the Algarve and we think it might be a little too touristy and resort-like for us. It looks very attractive for a certain way of life with very beautiful beaches, but it isn't quite a fit with what we are looking for. Also, coming from California, summers seem to get hotter and hotter here every year due to Global Warming, so that is part of the reason why we're thinking north might be slightly better.

Community Member
(@antonio_f)

Estimable Member

@iris The Algarve is not just beaches (although it's its main attraction), there's also mountains and countryside, where some foreigners live, but you're right about the hot weather in the summer.

Community Member
(@jeanmori7)

Eminent Member

@iris Thank you.  I worked in California for 6 years, made a lot of friends, traveled it from San Diego to SFO and loved it. I love the heat too 🙂 but I believe I would prefer the European lifestyle than the US.  Definitely looking for less touristic areas so I appreciate your perspective.  Thank you.

• Serenity Banner
  • Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • EI Banner
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

• Full access to our community Forum
  • Gain access to our exclusive 12 module ‘Moving to Portugal’ video content
  • Guaranteed entry to our interactive webinars
  • Unlock hundreds of €’s in savings and freebies from our partners
  • Browse the forum with no advertising (only see our partners)
  • Receive community support
  • Email support from Expats Portugal team
  • And last but not least, help us grow this website and community
Join Today€97 per year

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online