Introducing DaveandDebbie – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

UKTV Banner

Introducing DaveandDebbie  

Page 1 / 2

Premium Member
(@daveanddebbie)
Eminent Member

Hi guys

joined after listening to good morning Portugal.

based in the uk at present but hope to move to Portugal permanently before the new year. Have been holidaying in and around the Tavira area for many years and hope to expand our love for Portugal travelling etc.... Have a house in Santa Rita.....

11 Replies

Admin
(@gerry)
Reputable Member

Hi @daveanddebbie and welcome.

I have moved your post to give it more prominence. 

I used to live just outside Tavira and it is indeed a very nice area. Good luck with your moving plans and please feel free to post any questions you might have.

Here's to 2021 and your new permanent life in Portugal.

Best wishes

Gerry

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@daveanddebbie)

Eminent Member

Thanks Gerry, the site is very useful and we enjoy listening to Carl in the mornings in the uk. Cannot wait to return hopefully August now.

VIP Member
(@peterfc)
Famed Member

Hi Dave and Debbie

Welcome to the Forum.

Good luck with your future plans on moving to the wonderful country.

Peter

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@daveanddebbie)

Eminent Member

Cheers Peter 

Community Member
(@peggyl)
Estimable Member

welcome, Dave & Debbie. I hope that you will take the time to have a good look all around Portugal at all the different areas. The north is lovely and really doesn't get terribly cold in winter and so much beautiful architecture. The center of the country has it's own very special areas too. The west coast is quite lovely too. Of course, we are partial to the Algarve. We live near Almação de Pera, South of Silves which has a wonderful old castle ruin. I only say all this because we thought we would be settling in one area but after 4 trips here and visiting multiple areas, we found the spot that was just right for us. I know that "just right" spot for you can be found fairly easily. You will find a great group of ex-pats all over the country and you will be welcomed where ever you settle. Have fun finding your "spot". Peggy

3 Replies
Premium Member
(@daveanddebbie)

Eminent Member

@peggyl thanks Peggy that’s really lovely and very useful 

Community Member
(@peggyl)

Estimable Member

@daveanddebbie  If you come to the Algarve, let me know and possibly we can show you around and would love to have you at our regular Thursday ex-pat Albufeira gathering at Jack's pub, just friends chatting but you can ask any questions that you may have. 

Premium Member
(@daveanddebbie)

Eminent Member

Hi Peggy thanks for the offer very kind of you. It looks as though with all of this crazy coronavirus stuff going on we are hoping to come out in August if not September, if Bo Jo sorts himself out. 
we have been holidaying in Algarve for many years and have a house in Santa Rita near Tavira. Love the area,people in fact everything.

We are looking to retire here before December fingers crossed......

Community Member
(@peggyl)
Estimable Member

Great! If you are ever near Armação de Pera, maybe we can get together. Peggy

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@daveanddebbie)

Eminent Member

Hi Peggy that would be lovely.

heard you on the radio yesterday, Debbie and I were in tears of laughter, I think you will be invited again, possibly your own regular slot 😀

Page 1 / 2

UKTV Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for limited access to the forum and meet-ups.

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks:

• Receive over €300+ worth of exclusive member benefits from our partners (view current member perks and benefits)
  • Priority access to our Zoom meet-ups and webinars (visit our What’s On Calendar for our next online events)
  • Browse the forum with no advertising (only see or partners)
  • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
  • Get 10% discount off Ask Our Expats services
  • Buy and sell items in our Classifieds forum
  • And last but not least, shout Astrid, Gerry & Carl a beer on Friday 🙂
Join TodayOnly €25 per year

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online