Introductions – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either log in or register to join in the conversation.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please click on "Lost your password?" on the login page.

Blevins Franks Banner

Introductions  

RSS

(@scott-gibson)
New Member Premium Member
14/09/2020 2:45 pm  

Hello Everyone,  

I’m new to the group from earlier this month.  I have been hooked on the idea of Portugal for slowing down / semi-retirement for almost a year.  The superintendent of our building retired to the Braga area at about the same time.  He has regaled us with fantastic stories about rent and food prices and sport and leisure activities.

I’ve started learning Portuguese on Duolingo and looking at real estate listings.  I’ve been studying Google Maps and Street View and reading anything I can find.  That is how I found ExpatsPortugal.

The catch is I’ve never have the opportunity to visit Portugal.  I was prepping to do so when the pandemic lockdown started.  I don’t look at that as a stumbling block though.  
We have been in Switzerland for 16 years based on a weekend visit so I am looking at Portugal as a new adventure for us.

I look forward to meeting some of you Virtually and In Real Life and sharing this great site.

Scott Gibson

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Receive exclusive member benefits from our partners: view current offers
      • Priority access to our Zoom meet-ups and webinars
      • Join any Group within our Online Community
      • Include your local events in our events calendar
      • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
I WANT TO BE A PREMIUM MEMBEROnly €25 per year
Share:

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online