Is it tolerable commute from Ericeira to international school in Lisbon? – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

spartan Fx

Is it tolerable commute from Ericeira to international school in Lisbon?

Nao
Premium Member
Topic starter
(@nao)

Hi Everyone! We are planing to move to Ericeira. My sons ( high school) most likely needs to go international school due to language issue.  I only can find international school  around lisbon, and according to google map, closest one is 35min drive. Is it reasonable? In US, many parents who send kids to private drive that much, but I am not sure how good Portugal morning traffic can be...

4 Replies

Ask Our Expats Consultant
(@thomasandmatthew)

Can you say which school you're specifically looking at, or at least a closer location?  The particularly bad traffic is somewhat route-specific, but drive times can be massively affected on some routes.

An alternative is to use the traffic function on Google Maps, at the times you'd be making the trip (allowing for any time differences) and see in real time how bad it seems. 

Nao
Premium Member
Topic starter
(@nao)

Oh thank you so much, “rout specific” is the info I needed. Great suggestion to check google map. 
Our time of move is 2024, so at this point still phase of shopping around location and school. I will use google map as a tool to decide. Thank you!!! Obrigada!

2 Replies
Ask Our Expats Consultant
(@thomasandmatthew)

@nao

No problem! We lived in the Western suburbs of Lisbon for a year, and now listen to Portuguese radio in the morning and joke about how there are one or two routes you hear about every morning...  The IC19* is particularly bad at rush-hour, for instance, but otherwise fine - and you may not need it.  Paid sections of motorways tend to be relatively fine, of course.  

The N9 and N247 are busy roads at weekends during the day, due to people heading out of the Western suburbs (and those roads are not large ones) so I suspect they may also have slow traffic at rush hours, but can't be sure.

(*Google unhelpfully calls this the A37, which is the number reserved for the IC19, should it be upgraded to motorway standard in future... They do this with a number of routes, annoyingly)

When you're more sure where you might be, and which schools are involved, I am sure someone here will be able to give more precise insight.  Good luck with all your planning!

Thomas

Discover the beautiful Ribatejo!
facebook.com/groups/ribatejoliving

Need help with planning, surveys and restoration?  Contact us!
reabilitejo.pt or facebook.com/reabilitejo

Nao
Premium Member
(@nao)

@thomasandmatthew. Oh wow! Thank you so much for detailed info!! We are thinking Marfa area now. I am so glad to find this site and meet great people! Thank you!

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online