Joey (and partner Deb) just joined – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Wow Wines Banner

Joey (and partner Deb) just joined

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@joey007)

Joey (and partner Deb) just joined, so happy to have found this community, we are looking to move to Portugal from Colorado USA, Portugal feels like our people of community and culture!!!

8 Replies

Bert
Premium Member
(@bert)
Estimable Member

Welcome! I used to live in Colorado. Miss it. So beautiful hiking the 14'ers. All here to help one another. Good luck with your process, you'll find a lot of answers in these electronic pages. 

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@joey007)

Thank you so much for the nice welcome!!!

Premium Member
(@charw23)
Trusted Member

@Joey007

Welcome to EP! Also used to live in Colorado (the Springs). This is a great site, and you will find more information here, than through Google. 🙂 Regardless of where you're looking to land, you will find folks here that have been there/done that, and are happy to share in their experience and knowledge. 

All the best in your knew adventure!

Char

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@joey007)

Thank you Char!!!

Community Member
(@oenococcusonei)

Hey, good to virtually meet you.

I am also a recent refugee from Colorado.  Currently we are in WA state, riding out COVID and working in the wine industry. 

I just sold my Boulder County house two weeks ago, after 21 years of ownership.  I moved to CO in 1987.  Wonderful decades, but all things change.

Portugal seems like a perfect choice for the next phase.  All the best on your adventure.

2 Replies
Premium Member
(@joey007)

That’s so funny we just took a visit to the Pacific Northwest up near Portland we loved it we were thinking about moving there but I think we are meant to be in Portugal

Community Member
(@oenococcusonei)

@joey007  Yeah, it's nice, but it isn't grabbing me like Colorado did.  However, I married a PNW woman with kids and grand kids here. Therefore, it will be part of our life, but we're both accepting of six months abroad and six in the US & Mexico.

We've had a lot of fun working in the wine industry in Washington. I retrained as a winemaker over the last two years.  Wine tourism will be a part of our European adventures, and I am very interested in exploring Portugal for food and wine enjoyment (not professionally).

How have your evaluations gone regarding where you want to settle?

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@joey007)

Ola Novos amigos!  I'm Deb of the Joey and Deb duo.  We're both excited to find this forum to help us make our next chapter in life the best ever!! I'm a musician and meditation enthusiast.  I look forward to experiencing the Portuguese music scene and finding new friends who like to meditate too.

Live and Invest Portugal

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online