Just got our D7 granted!! - Page 2 – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• spartan Fx
  • Martinhall banner
  • Serenity Banner

Just got our D7 granted!!

Page 2 / 2

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@jamiep)

Hi

Me and my wife and two young kids are going to be moving to Portugal in January. We're coming from the UK so it was a long process to get the Visa but we got it granted last week. 

We've booked an Airbnb to begin with and will be looking to rent longer term before our residency interview with SEF in March. 

Will be on here a lot now - we need to buy a car and it would be interesting to read any similar experiences to ours especially any tips on renting a place over there. 

We are so unbelievably excited and can't wait to get away from the UK. We've visited Portugal several times, it's one of the nicest countries we've ever been to. 

J

15 Replies

Premium Member
(@jonharris)

Congratulations. We are starting the D7 visa process. Did you hire a company to help you out with the paperwork?

Jon and Amy

3 Replies
Premium Member
(@jamiep)

@jonharris hey so sorry for the delay. Yes I did and they were amazing, would you like me to put you in touch? 

I couldn't have don't it without them to be honest

Premium Member
(@jonharris)

• @jamiep Yes, that would be great.  Thank you. 
Premium Member
(@jamiep)

@jonharris if you DM me an email address I'll send over an intro email to Mariane who's managed my application from start to finish 👌

Community Member
(@helly)

Congratulations!

I'm just starting the D7 application process also from the UK.

Can I check, as I thought that we had to show accommodation proof for the next 12 months at the VFS appointment but it sounds like you were not required to do this until your interview in Portugal?

Good luck with the move!

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@jamiep)

@helly Sorry for the delay. We got a document from the law firm which covered this but yes you do need a promise of accomodation or something (can't remember the exact term). 

I'd never advise doing this on your own, if you can afford to use a legal team in Portugal it's way worth it. Ours was great. 

When you're in Portugal for your residency interview, you need a legit 12 month lease agreement. 

Premium Member
(@hank_2021)
Estimable Member

Page 2 / 2

• Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • Serenity Banner
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online