Just joined – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Wow Wines Banner

Just joined

Page 1 / 2

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@thnker10)

Been watching the videos and reading the articles and decided we need to join this community. Happy to be onboard!

28 Replies

Premium Member
(@livinginusa)
Trusted Member

@thnker10

Welcome aboard.  Lots of great people and information in this Community.  My Wife and I live in the US and are currently considering retirement in PT.  What about you?

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@thnker10)

@livinginusa

Same with us. Currently live in Texas and planning our retirement. Have a few years to go but getting our plan together.

JAR
Premium Member
(@jar)
Trusted Member

Hello Michael and Eric,

My husband and received our D7 visa in March and are about 85 hours since arrival in our airbnb here (short term w/a long term rental to follow).

We are from the SF bay area; not quite retiring here but will be withn the next year or two.

Happy to answer any questions for both of you.

One thing right off the top: we retained the Ei Migrante group to help us thru the D7 process. It is arduous at times (many documents required, fingerprinting, many notarizations, etc....) They landed us our appt at VFS (not the consulate due to covid) very quickly to be interviewed, document exchange  when others doing it on their own had a longer go of it to get that meeting. We cannot say enough about them; great service, answered many of our questions. They are practically family to us now 😉. This is an unsolicited shout out for them.

Loving it in this short time.....don't even get me started on the exquisite tile work throughout Lisbon! Oh, and affordability: groceries, goods and rental prices are 1/2-2/3 the cost of living in the bay area. Mindblowing!

Julie

19 Replies
Premium Member
(@thnker10)

@jar That is very cool. I was wondering if the services these groups offered was worth the cost and you answered my question. 🙂 Will def engage them when the time comes. Sounds exciting!

Premium Member
(@davidiryna)

Eminent Member

@jar Congratulations on arrival!

We also amazed how affordable and beautiful life is here.

Climate is the best, we hike daily in a beautiful preserve. Can't believe fresh air...especially after Arizona "dry heat".

Irina

Premium Member
(@livinginusa)

Trusted Member

@jar

Thanks!  My Wife and I currently live in NC and will be visiting Lisbon, Porto and Coimbra this September with the hopes of finding an area we would like to retire.  We have also used Ei Migrante to secure our NIFs and Bank Account.  I highly recommend them as a resource to use during this process.  If we are successful in choosing an area during our trip, we will certainly be utilizing Ei Migrante to assist us in the D7 process.

Enjoy your trip!

Community Member
(@rosie17)

@livinginusa. How do you get in touch with Ei Migrante and we’re they costly?  Thank you

Premium Member
(@livinginusa)

Trusted Member

@rosie17 Here is a link to their info.  They have different packages/services available depending on your needs.  I have found them to be extremely reasonable.

https://expatsportugal.com/business-directory/ei-assessoria-migratoria/

Community Member
(@rosie17)

@livinginusa. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.  I will check out their website now.

Admin
(@gerry)

Reputable Member

@rosie17. And if you become our Premium Member, we can secure a 10% discount on Ei! fees.

Premium Member
(@livinginusa)

Trusted Member

@gerry Sorry, forgot to mention that 😉

MaxG
Premium Member
(@maxgravy)

Estimable Member

@rosie17 Their services are ala carte, pay as you go. This way you can pick and choose what you need and do some things yourself. We have used them for everything so far and will be using them to obtain the NHR and exchange our drivers licenses. They are friendly, responsive and very professional. Highly recommended. They're not cheap but I consider their prices to be a very good value. Be sure to become a premium member here and you will get 10% off Ei! services. 

The first step is a video conference with Gilda:

https://eimigrante.pt/en/services/

Community Member
(@rosie17)

@maxgravy thank you

Community Member
(@rosie17)

@maxgravy thank you. I got an email fromFrancesca suggesting a video chat. Price starting at 1500 euros plus vat. That took my breath away!!

MaxG
Premium Member
(@maxgravy)

Estimable Member

@rosie17 Do the video conference and ask for their price list breakdown. The conference is friendly and very relaxed. No hard sale. You can ask all the questions you wish. Qualified attorney services are never cheap. You get what you pay for. I don't mean to sound like a shill for Ei! but they were good for us. You can certainly do this on your own but mistakes can be costly. Shop around and get all the information you can. Youtube is a great resource. Knowledge is key. All the best on your journey. 

Community Member
(@rosie17)

@maxgravy. Thanks again.  They have been in touch again and it seems there was crossed wires.  There initial chat is cheaper than quoted.  Thank you

Community Member
(@rosie17)

Hi, I don’t know how to amend messages so I am adding this one to correct a misunderstanding I want to make it clear to anyone reading the above that The initial consultation with Ei is only approx 123 euros.  It was a misunderstanding on my part as I assumed the 1500 euros quoted in an email to me was for 1 consultation as opposed to being the price for one of their packages. Francesca has been extremely helpful to me and I would not hesitate, based on our interaction to-date, to use them or recommend them.

MaxG
Premium Member
(@maxgravy)

Estimable Member

@rosie17 I'm surprised to hear this. We were not charged for an initial consultation back in August 2020. Perhaps they've become so busy that this is a way of weeding out tire kickers. Can the consultation fee be used toward future services?

Community Member
(@rosie17)

@maxgravy thank you for that info. I will write to them and ask.

Community Member
(@rosie17)

@maxgravy. I was told that once they agree a price on the package you want they want 50% up front and 50% on completion.  Is this what happened with you?

MaxG
Premium Member
(@maxgravy)

Estimable Member

@rosie17 Yes. That is correct.

MaxG
Premium Member
(@maxgravy)

Estimable Member

@rosie17 But we didn't do a package. They didn't offer packages then. All services were individual.

Premium Member
(@michael_tn)
Trusted Member

My wife and I have been happy Ei customers as well. We've been in Portugal since March 11, currently in Alvor in the Algarve. Happy to help with any questions as well. 

2 Replies
Community Member
(@rosie17)

@michael_tn Thank you.  So I guess whatever they charge they are worth it.  It would be nice to do some of the steps to save a bit of money but as I don’t know the order of the steps to be taken it may be better to use an agency.

Premium Member
(@michael_tn)

Trusted Member

@rosie17 Ei offered us an "ala carte" menu, NIF is this, SEF is this House Hunting is this. so you can pick and chose what you want help with. 

Ralf
Premium Member
(@ralf)

Happy Ei! Customer hear, too. Gilda and her team are very helpful. I know they are busy, and we are in the middle of a pandemic. Not easy conditions, to say the least.

1 Reply
Community Member
(@rosie17)

@ralf. Thank you.  As you say, pandemic has not made things easy.

Page 1 / 2

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online