Moving to Porto from the US – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

EI Banner

Moving to Porto from the US

Page 1 / 2

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@lfwgonegirlgmail-com)

Hi everyone,

My husband and I with our two dogs are planning on moving to Porto hopefully at the beginning of June. We are excited to meet other expats as well as locals. Please feel free to reach out if you are interested in meeting.

Best,

Leslie and Ben Williams

Topic Tags
10 Replies

Premium Member
(@livinginusa)
Trusted Member

@lfwgonegirlgmail-com

Congrats on your upcoming move.  Porto is one of the cities my Wife and I will visiting in September.  We are hoping to retire to Portugal in 2022/23.

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@lfwgonegirlgmail-com)

@livinginusa

Reach out to us when you visit we would love to get together. You can find me at Leslie Franklin Williams on Facebook or email LFWgonegirl@ gmail.com

Premium Member
(@peggyl)
Reputable Member

welcome to Portugal. We live in the Algarve but before covid loved to travel. If we get up to Porto, we will message you. Thanks for the invite. And the same goes for you if you come down to the Algarve for a visit.

@peggyL

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@lfwgonegirlgmail-com)

@peggyl

Sounds great! We definitely want to check out the Algarve. We can't wait to see all the different areas in Portugal. Reach out to us when you are in the are, we would love to get together. You can find me at Leslie Franklin Williams on Facebook or email LFWgonegirl@ gmail.com

Community Member
(@becca0620)

Hi Leslie, Will be headed to Portugal this summer and plan on hitting as many places as I can. I will message my schedule when it’s set. Excited to meet you all.

Rebecca

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@lfwgonegirlgmail-com)

@becca0620

Reach out to us when you visit we would love to get together. You can find me at Leslie Franklin Williams on Facebook or email LFWgonegirl@ gmail.com

Premium Member
(@awarrenlove)

My wife Loren and I are hoping to get to Porto on the D7 around 1 July.

2 Replies
Premium Member
(@lfwgonegirlgmail-com)

@awarrenlove

We would definitely love to meet up with you guys. We are hoping to get there June 1st but our application process keeps getting delayed so...

We have an apartment set up to move into on June 1st so we will get there as close to that date as possible, depending upon when our visas comes in and when we are allowed to travel due to COVID. Fingers crossed Europe gets great access to vaccinations soon!

Reach out to us when you arrive and feel like meeting new people. You can find me at Leslie Franklin Williams on Facebook or email LFWgonegirl@gmail.com

Premium Member
(@peggyl)

Reputable Member

@awarrenlove

a great way to meet new friends in your area and to get specific hints about your area is to join a local expat group. I found this site by searching google for "ex-pat group in Porto, Portugal" you can do the same for any city.

Expats in Porto - Community and Forum for Expats

An ancient and sprawling city in Portugal's Norte Region, life in Porto can take some getting used to for new arrivals. That's why at InterNations we offer an extensive platform where you can connect with a community of fellow expats and access a variety of useful resources.

Page 1 / 2

Sovereign Group Leaderboard

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online