New member – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum

learn portuguese

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Community Member
Topic starter
(@schsofia)

Hi everyone,  thanks for letting me to be this forum member.  I am 70, a widow. Thinking about spending a winter in Portugal and than maybe to relocate. I am currently in Brooklyn,  NY. Love it, but it is getting to buisy and to cold at winter  for me😊

Topic Tags
7 Replies

Admin
(@astridff)

Hi Sofia,

Welcome and thanks for sharing.

Have you been to Portugal before? Do you have an idea on where you may like to live?

Astrid

1 Reply
Community Member
(@schsofia)

@astridff yes, I have been in Lisbon and Porto, and I am on Madeira right now. 🙂. I did not visit the Farro aria. My ideal spot for the winter - a small sunny town with parks or forest and with walking distance to most infrastructural objects ( I do not drive). I even do not know if such a place exists. Will appreciate any suggestions 😊

Admin
(@gerry)
Reputable Member

@schsofia

Hello Sofia and welcome.

Tavira in East Algarve might be worth consideration. Beautiful old town with plenty of amenities/shops within walking distance and close to the Ria Formosa National Park for walking. Also good train connections to most towns along the coastline.

2 Replies
Community Member
(@schsofia)

@gerry thanks a lot! A good advise is exactly what I need to start my research 

Admin
(@gerry)

Reputable Member

@schsofia you are very welcome. Leave you to do your research, then if you need more on that area, please let me know as I used to live nearby.

Admin
(@astridff)

Hi Sofia,

If you are looking for suggested places to look, I would suggest doing a new post outside of the "new members" section with your question.

I have opened a new forum - Where to Live under the Moving to Portugal section.

Would love to see your post there 🙂

Astrid

1 Reply
Community Member
(@schsofia)

@astridff thank you,  I will do it right now 

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online