New Member from San Francisco Bay Area – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum

acp benefit

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

New Member from San Francisco Bay Area

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@tamaratamaramonosoff-com)

Hello from the San Francisco, California!

I recently watched an ExpatsPortugal video and joined premium right away. This looks like a fabulous community!

My goal is to move to Portugal in May/June 2021 with my daughter. I've been researching Porto for about a year and it looks amazing but I am open to other locations as well.

I've reached out to Ei Migrante twice to help with the D7 process but I haven't received any response from them. I imagine they are swamped but I'm eager to get started. Does anyone have a direct point of contact? I filled out their Contact Form over a week ago but that doesn't seem to be working.

Is there a step-by-step resource for getting the D7? Or, any other resources that you have found to be the most helpful to get started with the paperwork/process?

I welcome your suggestions.

Thank you!

Tamara

13 Replies

Admin
(@gerry)
Reputable Member

@tamaratamaramonosoff-com

Hi Tamara,

I will contact Ei! by email and send you a copy. Then you will have direct contact. Sorry about the delay, I know they are swamped but we will get this sorted.

Regards

Gerry

4 Replies
Premium Member

@gerry Gerry,

Thank you for your help with this!

Warmest regards,

Tamara

Premium Member
(@peggyl)

Reputable Member

I have heard a lot of complaints about Ei not responding to emails. I think they are just overwhelmed.

https://imigrante.sef.pt/en/solicitar/   then select article 77     This will give you the requirements for the residency (D7) VISA. You can apply at your local consulate. A lot of our community members from CA have done just that. I lived closer to Washington DC so I applied via the Embassy in Washington. I went to their website and sent the required documents with the required $$ and my VISA came back glued into my passport about 3 weeks later. It may be busier now due to COVID shutdowns and just an increase in persons wanting VISAs. You should get your VISA first then add your daughter after you get here using the family reunification program. That is what I did with my husband. I was a resident for a year before he retired and came here permanently. Even if your daughter is coming at the same time, She can be here on her tourist passport until your in person SEF appointment. 

@peggyL

Premium Member

@peggyl Peggy,

Thank you for the fantastic advice! I am grateful!!!

Tamara

Premium Member

@gerry - Gerry,

I am beyond grateful for your help in connecting me with Ei! You figured out the reason I wasn't receiving messages from them. They apologized for their email typo and now we are on our way. I have my first video chat with them tomorrow. I am so happy! Thank you for identifying the issue and helping me move forward in the process. I hope to land in Portugal this June!

Kind regards,

Tamara

Premium Member
(@hank_2021)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @peggyl

I have heard a lot of complaints about Ei not responding to emails. I think they are just overwhelmed.

Yup.  Agreed.  I'm trying to work with them right now and communication is hit and miss.  It's been taking at least a week for them to respond to emails, even after paying their initial fee.

I think they are being overwhelmed by Brexit right now.

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt because of it and being patient with them because of their overwhelmingly positive reputation in this community.

Francesca is who I'm trying to work with.

Tamara, while you are waiting, here is a link you may find helpful:

https://www.vfsglobal.com/Portugal/USA/index.html

4 Replies
Premium Member

@hank_2021,

Hank,
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I appreciate the link. 

Do you mind sharing approximately how much the Ei services are? If you would prefer not to share I understand completely. I'm just curious as I have no idea what to expect. 

Thank you,

Tamara

Premium Member
(@hank_2021)

Eminent Member

Here is a link to their website:

https://eimigrante.pt/en/

I think they I paid them 127 Euros for the first 1 hour consultation.  Still waiting to hear back from them to schedule the appointment.

Communication has been glacially slow right now, and I agree with Martin.  Being patient though.  They have an excellent reputation.

Also, my understanding is that you get a 10% discount if you are a premium member here, so I'll be hitting them up for that.

Anonymous

@hank_2021 I am frustrated with Ei also.

Anonymous

Part of my frustration isn't with Ei, in fairness. And there is a pandemic and I am sure they are swamped. Perhaps they are trying to hire more people to meet demand. Running a business is hard work, even in normal conditions.

Admin
(@gerry)
Reputable Member

Hello All,

Sorry to read a few less than positive comments about Ei!. If you have any problems as a result of our referrals, please let us know and we will chase. Yes there is a 10% discount on the Ei! fees for our Premium Members, you need to let us know if you wish to claim this and we will confirm your eligibility to Ei!. You can do this by email, PM or follow the link on the Ei! page in our Business Directory.

In fairness to Ei!, we had 2 member issues last Sunday where we got involved. Both turned out to be partly due to members missing emails but more importantly, the issues were promptly resolved by Ei! on the Sunday afternoon. Pretty good going in my view 👍 

Regards

Gerry

1 Reply
 Anonymous

@gerry I have been stuck for nearly two months, but it really isn't the fault of Ei. I sent off a packet of paperwork, including bank documents, criminal background, a large check, etc. etc. to Ei. I thought I would be nice and include some smoked salmon. Very expense package to ship. FedEx didn't inform me that meats weren't allowed thru customs. So they won't deliver it. I have called FedEx six times and went to the office where I shipped it from. The package is just sitting in Lisbon, and has been for six weeks. At this point, I am just re-adjusting my expectations about when I will get to Portugal. No longer planning on getting a D7 this year. Hopefully I can visit as a tourist for a long visit after I get a vaccine, and the EU accepts visitors from the USA. Obviously that is all up in the air also. Very frustrating, but I have to remind myself this is a pandemic, and need to keep things in perspective. I have stayed healthy and still have a job. But I really desire to visit Portugal, so it is frustrating.

Admin
(@gerry)
Reputable Member

@MartinP

Sorry to hear that Martin. Such a kind thought has obviously backfired. I had a similar problem when my daughters sent homemade chocolate from USA to Portugal together with cards and photos. However, I received a declaration from CTT (the postal service), completed and returned this and eventually received my gift. 

If I can help with your issue, please contact me privately 😊 

Sovereign Group Leaderboard

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online