New Member Moving To Porto Next Week! – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

New Member Moving To Porto Next Week!

5 Posts
5 Users
10 Likes
Community Member
Topic starter
(@aliexpat)

Hello everyone! 

Before arriving in Porto, I want to introduce myself and make some connections. My name is Ali, and I am a 29-year-old creative director. I will be moving to Porto this Sunday! I am incredibly excited to start my new journey in Portugal. I would love to get to know some of you currently living in Porto and, share experiences/gain insights into my new life.

I look forward to participating in this form to help others and learn new tips and tricks along the way!

4 Replies

Community Member
(@phill)

Hi Ali,

Congrats! I hope to be retiring there in a few years so I'm completely envious. I'll be making my initial trip to Porto in September so I'm looking for the same tips and advice. Hope it's a wosnderful new life for you!

VIP Member
(@antonio_f)

Hi @aliexpat, welcome to the forum

You'll find this forum very usefull, with lots of people ready to help, within their knowledge.

Did you already know Porto? Hope you're ready for some cold and rain in this winter time...

(@misticjeff)

@aliexpat Hi Ali and Welcome! We have a great Expat group here in Porto. We just completed our monthly meetup for January on the 12th with ~31 attendees! Look forward to meeting you, our next meetup for February is on the 16th, details can be found here:

February Porto Meetup

We also have a thread in the forums for the February Meetup:

Meetup Thread

Additionally, every Tuesday at 10:45am there is a casual coffee for girls and one for guys as well at the El Corte Ingles (6th Floor Restaurant) in Gaia.

Premium Club Member
(@konni)

Hi Ali @aliexpat - Welcome to Porto! Definitely come check out the coffee group on Tuesdays in Gaia. It's a great group of women. There are always posts about different events happening and things to do locally.   Our monthly meetups are also fun and a great way to make connections and friendships.

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year

EI Banner

Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

FREE
  • Full access to community Forum
  • Register for events

Club Member

Ideal for those already living in Portugal or researching
67 per year
  • Full access to community Forum
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Guaranteed entry to our weekly webinars
  • Access to our Migration Tuesdays Dream Team weekly webinar
  • Receive community support
  • And help us grow this website and community

Premium Club Member

Perfect for those serious about making the move
137 per year
  • All Club Member benefits plus...
  • 3 months FREE access to DailyNata Plus Portuguese language platform
  • 1 hour private online consultation with a member of our team
  • Access to our “little black book” of contacts and recommendations
  • Hundreds of €s in Savings & Benefits from our partners