New Members from Newfoundland, CanadaWe have also been on Facebook and it seems like there are so many real estate agents wanting you. We are hoping to rent at first anyway sure. – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Serenity Banner
  • spartan Fx

New Members from Newfoundland, CanadaWe have also been on Facebook and it seems like there are so many real estate agents wanting you. We are hoping to rent at first anyway sure.

Community Member
Topic starter
(@robinwild)

Hi,

My husband is retiring in December and we narrowed down our choice of moving to warmer climes to Portugal. We are not sure of our choice of location yet due to different places pulling us in different directions. We have also been on Facebook and it seems like there are so many real estate agents wanting you. We are hoping to rent at first anyway sure. We are presently downsizing and have stuff spread out all over the house. Stage one. The organization of the whole process is quite overwhelming. One thing we do not know is how you get an apartment before the visa. How did you get it from your home country? 

9 Replies

Premium Member
(@hank_2021)
Reputable Member

We worked with Ei! to do our apartment hunting for us. You can find them in the Business Directory at the top of the page.

Ei! is the tried and true choice for premier immigration services of many members in the community.

Fan. Freaking. Tastic. People.

Premium Plus member
(@jonesdn2020)
Reputable Member

We used Ei!'s Casa Portuguesa from the business directory. There are others such as Savvy Cat Realty also in the business directory. 

Premium Member
(@hank_2021)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @jonesdn2020

There are others such as Savvy Cat Realty also in the business directory. 

Just an FYI, I found out awhile back after recommending Savvy Cat that they aren't really a thing here anymore. Has that changed?

6 Replies
Premium Member
(@alleycat)

Estimable Member

@hank_2021 I was curious about that too...the admins just had Savvy Cat do a webinar presentation last week about buying or renting property in PT.  Her business is in the directory now.

Premium Member
(@hank_2021)

Reputable Member

@alleycat Weird! Well, then, I obviously know not of what I speak! I have been away a bit lately, so I must have missed something!

Regardless, I thought they sounded like cool people so I'm happy they got whatever it was sorted.

I REALLY want the Savvy Cat woman to finish setting up her Viking bar. I neeeeed to drink mead and throw axes in her tavern.

That was the most amazing idea I had ever heard when she shared it. (I don't remember her name, the person who runs Savvy Cat)

Premium Member
(@alleycat)

Estimable Member

@hank_2021 It's Ana I think...she seems to have that "mystical/gothic" lifestyle, wears black, loves her kitties... You should look for the recorded webinar on YouTube by ExpatsPortugal, 5/12.  You must have been a viking in a past life...or are the equivalent of a modern day viking man! LOL

Premium Member
(@hank_2021)

Reputable Member

@alleycat I used to think I was descended from people in that region until Ancestery.com told me I'm 1/4 Irish and 1/4 Scottish and the rest Eastern European.

Ya, Ana is the one. She seems really cool. I'm glad she's' back.

Btw, you should message Konni and ask her what her ancestry.com said about her... 😸

Premium Plus member
(@jonesdn2020)

Reputable Member

@hank_2021 Yes. She was on last weeks Premium member feature from 7;30pm -9pm and I see her in the business directory. She was also at the Lisbon meetup hosted by Expats Everywhere last month. A member from our Premium Plus beta recently used her.

Premium Member
(@hank_2021)

Reputable Member

@jonesdn2020 That is _fabulous_. She is delightfully quirky and exactly the type of person I would like to meet!

• Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Plus

Exclusive member-only content
€347 Year
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Access to our private online Group
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • Weekly Q&A call with Carl Munson
  • Personal support
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online