New Members Update 21/09/2020 – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

[adrotate group="5"]

New Members Update 21/09/2020  

Samf
Admin
(@samf)

Hello everyone

A warm welcome to our Premium members

@luise, @lhrkw, @itexpert7, @charw23

To our Community Members

@fkcoelho, @rayneil, @sheaodriscoll, @roger_on_wheels, @moisie, @roj, @toad, @chiggs, @hans, @elsa, @mickeymill, @bala, @dvl, @pete., @branda, @isodorus, @nkk, @tr158, @natlane, @dipstick, @elspeth, @sporky, @alana, @penny, @takeone, @goldie333, @gabby, @ally_k, @leah, @chanelle, @dav, @hermionepluscrew, @blissa, @lcb, @bevvy, @warren1, @p.w., @fb19, @exdie, @annep, @giyas, @natalage, @oyvey, @bertie, @jaywf, @danielle, @shawn, @ailsa, @exup1k, @balugafr, @samwad, @pahe63, @gands, @ventura_via_boston, @addi, @and, @jack, @marzullo, @herderson, @rmpt, @debra

On behalf of Gerry and Astrid, our membership and the expatsportugal team, I am delighted to welcome you to our community. Please click here https://expatsportugal.com/community/who-we-are/ to read a little about us and get you started. We are very pleased to have you on board and look forward to reading and responding to your posts.

11 Replies

Community Member
(@debra)

Hi and thanks for the welcome, I've moved into the Guarda area and am settling in beautifully, really enjoying my new home. I hope to join you on Thursday for the British Embassy chat to hear some the expertise available and am sure I will have many questions as my path unfolds. Many thanks Debra 

Premium Member
(@luise)

Hello 

Thank you for the welcome. I am looking forward to finding my way round the forum and getting to know other members. I'm a house sitter and was planning to housesit in Portugal this winter with the aim of getting to know the country with a view of moving there. However after listening to the show on beating Brexit and how straight forward getting a residency for Brits is whilst we are still in the EU I'm thinking of just going for it before Dec 31st.

I'm loving the daily Good Morning Portugal and listen avidly every day on YouTube as well as binge listening on back issues.

Thank you for having me here. 😊 

6 Replies
Admin
(@astridff)

@luise Glad to hear you are getting so much from our forum and online sessions. And thanks for being a Premium Member as your donation helps us continue to grow.

Exciting to hear you plan on jumping straight into your new life in Portugal. It is amazing here. We love it.

Premium Member
(@jives)

Eminent Member

@luise hello 🙂 From a couple of fellow house sitters.    We will be house sitting in Portugal soon.  All very exciting.

Premium Member
(@luise)

@jives Hi that's great. What house sit site are you using? So far all my sits have been private referral or Trusted House Sitters. Now that I am concentrating exclusively on Portugal I'm thinking I may need to join a location specific house sit site.

Premium Member
(@jives)

Eminent Member

@luise we have our own a house sitting business but are also registered with THS.

Premium Member
(@tygger)

@jiveshi Jibes

I'm interested in being a house sitter in Portugal whilst our house is being built, can you suggest how I could do this.

TVM

Premium Member
(@luise)

@tygger I use Trusted House Sitters (THS) and word-of-mouth / referral. 

There be info on the THS site about starting out as a house sitter....

www.trustedhousesitters.com/house-and-pet-sitters/united-kingdom/england/london/l/941677/

Premium Member
(@tygger)

Hi Everyone

I've just joined and have not yet listened to the daily radio show. We have purchased a plot of land in The Algarve and hope to start construction before Christmas.

The challenge for me is how to get my wife to make Portugal our primary residence, the plan at the moment is to just spend some winter months in Portugal.

Health care is one of the things that she's worried about.

1 Reply
Admin
(@astridff)

@tygger welcome to the forum.

Perhaps you should post some of your question and concerns about healthcare here in Portugal for other members can contribute and perhaps put your wife's mind at ease.

Personally I find the care here to be exceptional but I haven't really needed it for anything too serious.

Winters in the Algarve would be great too - not too cold and not too many people 🙂

We are nearing the end of a rebuild of a ruin on our Quinta too. Now just waiting for the windows and the dry wall to be put up and then the fun decorating begins. Fun times ahead.

Premium Member
(@tygger)

Hi Astrid

Thanks I'll try and get some questions from my wife and post them.

I did try and get her to attend a clinic when we were in Portugal in August, so that she could see what the health care is like, others have told me the same as what you've said, I guess I'll just have to be patient, which is not easy for an Aries!

On the positive side, she loved our time there and she loves the plot which we have purchased, which is near to Pera.

I'm back over there on 7th October for another meeting with our architect - exciting times indeed!

[adrotate group="6"]

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for limited access to the forum and meet-ups.

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks:

• Receive over €300+ worth of exclusive member benefits from our partners (view current member perks and benefits)
  • Priority access to our Zoom meet-ups and webinars (visit our What’s On Calendar for our next online events)
  • Browse the forum with no advertising (only see or partners)
  • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
  • Get 10% discount off Ask Our Expats services
  • Buy and sell items in our Classifieds forum
  • And last but not least, shout Astrid, Gerry & Carl a beer on Friday 🙂
Join TodayOnly €25 per year

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online