new to forum - Questions about D7 visa – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

[adrotate group="5"]

new to forum - Questions about D7 visa  

Page 1 / 2

Premium Member
(@jimisretired)

Hi,

My wife, Donna and I just joined the forum. Both of us are retired, and we would like to move to Portugal as soon as we can. That seems to be open ended with covid 19 right now. We are trying to figure out the paperwork process for the D7 visa. we see lots of different requirements, and are not sure what exactly is required. For instance: don we need to have a lease for a residence in Portugal, or is hotel reservation good enough; do we need to fill out the SEL security request before the VFS interview?(the form is in Portuguese> We can figure it out if necessary.Any help would be appreciated.

12 Replies

VIP Member
(@peterfc)
Famed Member

Hi

Welcome to the Forum.

Sorry i can't help you with your questions

Peter

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@jimisretired)

@peterfc thanks for the welcome!

Admin
(@gerry)
Reputable Member

Hello @jimisretired and welcome.

I am pretty sure you will need a property lease agreement as part of the residency application but If you want professional advice with your D7 process, I suggest you contact Ei Assessoria Migratoria via the following link:

https://expatsportugal.com/business-directory/ei-assessoria-migratoria/

They can take care of the entire process on your behalf or you can select from a range of options. They offer a 10% discount to our Premium Members. I think it could be worthwhile to send them your questions and check out their fees.

We have lots of members from USA who are in contact with Ei.

Regards

Gerry

Admin
(@astridff)

Welcome to the forum.

Temporary accommodation is not sufficient to get started. You will need a permanent address or a sponsor.

We recently did a webinar about the D7 visa and what is required including the opening of bank accounts and the money you need in it plus health insurance requirements. You can watch the webinar here:

https://expatsportugal.com/portugal-calling-webinars/

From feedback, the D7 visa is one of the easier and cheaper visas to get but it can still be confusing. I suggest watching the video and then if still overwhelmed, ask for assistance from one of the companies such as Ei! Migrante. Their fees far outway the stress and confusion that may be had 🙂

Astrid

Admin
(@astridff)

I have also updated the title of your post to help grab more attention about your topic.

Astrid

Page 1 / 2

[adrotate group="6"]

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for limited access to the forum and meet-ups.

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks:

• Receive over €300+ worth of exclusive member benefits from our partners (view current member perks and benefits)
  • Priority access to our Zoom meet-ups and webinars (visit our What’s On Calendar for our next online events)
  • Browse the forum with no advertising (only see or partners)
  • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
  • Get 10% discount off Ask Our Expats services
  • Buy and sell items in our Classifieds forum
  • And last but not least, shout Astrid, Gerry & Carl a beer on Friday 🙂
Join TodayOnly €25 per year

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online