Newbies – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

Newbies

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@sy-fi)

Hi everyone we are Fiona and Simon with our daughter poppy .We are a family from delightful Derbyshire in England .here at the very start of our  journey .we have worked hard and rented property all our lives but in doing so could never afford to buy and you don't get much for your money except a 25 year mortgage debt .also the housing is not to our taste squashed in like sardines  not being able to  enjoy life condensed and  compacted is not our idea of life or living .  we are very outdoor motivated people we don't get much time in UK to blossom and do the things activities we'd like to .

7 Replies

Premium Member
(@mrsbrabbit)
Eminent Member

Hi Fiona and Simon and Poppy!

New here too. Becoming Portuguese next summer to fall. We are relocating from U.S. to retire and have fun!

Hooray for all of us who are making the leap!

Best,

Anna and Steve

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@sy-fi)

• @mrsbrabbit thankyou Anne and Steve yes why not go for the goal I say .Portugal looks beautiful.make a dream a reality 😀

Ask Our Expats Consultant
(@cabanastavira)

Good luck, boa sorte, in your search.

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@sy-fi)

(@thomasribatejo)

Welcome to ExpatsPortugal, and soon, to Portugal itself!  Hope you find what you're looking for; and that the forum can help you!

2 Replies
Premium Member
(@sy-fi)

thanks Thomas were working to make the dream a reality w are  just looking around the leira district near barriadas and alvares as we like the look of the landscape looks amazing for my wife's horse riding and not far from bouca dam for a bit of sailing and kayaking .im an engineer to and  love new projects and learning new techniques you was brill on the show with Carl it helps us have hope and it is possible

(@thomasribatejo)

@sy-fi thanks! And your plan sounds great, good luck with the search! I don't know Leiria district as well as my own, but what I do know of it is great. Horses are a big part of the culture in Santarém district too (Golegã is Portugal's "horse capital"), and there's kayaking on local rivers here too! So, one way or another, central Portugal has much to offer you.

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online