Process of moving after Brexit – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Process of moving after Brexit

Community Member
Topic starter
(@mamag)

Hello 😀 me and my family have had enough and want to move to Portugal. Previously lived in Florida and been back in the UK now for 6 years. I did the marriage visa process for my visa in USA but have no idea on what we need to do. We will be buying a property, husband works remotely so can work anywhere. Any help would be much appreciated 

5 Replies

Community Member
(@jeanne)
Estimable Member

What is your nationality, and that of your husband?

2 Replies
Community Member
(@mamag)

@jeanne he’s dual British and US I’m British

Community Member
(@jeanne)

Estimable Member

@mamag Then post-brexit you are in the same boat as all other non-EU citizens.  You will need to apply for (obtain) your visas in your home country before you come to settle in portugal.  Watch some of the webinars that are available here. They provide excellent information. 

You say that you will be buying a property. Depending on what your intentions and budget are, you could go for the golden visa.  If you have funds to support yourself, then D7 may be more suitable.  How your husband will be 'working from home ' also makes a difference. For example, will he have an employment contract with a non-PT company or does he own a business that he will continue to run while in PT? But again, check out the webinars. They are presented by professionals who really know what they are talking about and explain things in detail.

Ask Our Expats Consultant
(@pamalcobaca)

Hi, I'd suggest watching the webinars as suggested by Jeannemarie above and then read up on the requirements on official websites such as SEF https://www.sef.pt/en/Pages/homepage.aspx  

and UK gov https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-portugal  

1 Reply
Community Member
(@mamag)

@pamalcobaca many thanks 👍

Wow Wines Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online