Property Rental - Taxes... – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum

acp benefit

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Blevins Franks banner

Property Rental - Taxes...

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@vegasguideownmail-net)

Hi all,

We are new around here 🙂

We are completing the process to become Portuguese Residents before the Brexit deadline this year and are now selecting from a list of rental properties in Porto and have a quick question.

When renting a property in Portugal is there a form of taxation that we will be subject to, similar to the Council Tax in the UK.  If so, could anyone give me a ballpark figure (or percentage) that we would be liable for.

Thanks so much in advance!  

Neil & Sarah

2 Replies

VIP Member
(@x-camone)
Noble Member

Hi and welcome to the forum from me.

No, tenants are not responsible for paying the annual property tax - that is billed to the registered owner of the property.

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@vegasguideownmail-net)

Hi x-camone,

Thanks so much.  Appreciate the reply.

Blevins Franks banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online