Question about Real Estate/ Rental Tours – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Question about Real Estate/ Rental Tours

5 Posts
4 Users
8 Likes
Community Member
Topic starter
(@dbandlauretta)

What are the forum’s thoughts about Real Estate/Rental tours? Waste of time, totally worth it…etc. What did you do to check out areas of interest?

Topic Tags
4 Replies
Admin
(@jonesdn2020)
Illustrious Member

Timely question. We have not done one since we obtained our lease remotely. We have been looking at using one prior to renewing our lease to see if we can find something better and get a better understanding of the neighborhood.  We have started our own list of what to know before leasing for our next apartment.

1. Airplane noise. We use an application that has a decent tracking of noise, but it is not 100%.

2. Road noise.

3. Location of recycle centers. These get emptied sometimes very late at night.

4. Proximity to grocery stores, restaurants, Pastelerias.

5. Metro availability.

I think a decent tour operator could be worth the money but finding one may be the hard part. Let us know if you find someone. We will post if we find someone. 

2 Replies
Community Member
(@antonio_f)

@jonesdn2020 I've seen yesterday a YT video from Expats Everywhere, showing a rental tour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfgH3gd-5Do

I guess that's what you're talking about.

Admin
(@jonesdn2020)

Illustrious Member

@antonio_f We just watched that as well.

Community Member
(@nauzetobserv)

Rental tours are the best for me because they allow me to explore the area or the city I am staying in much better. It also helps to get to know local people closer and grasp what life is there.
It’s better and cheaper for me than staying in an expensive hotel in an artificial atmosphere. It’s just not worth it, and after trying it once, I don’t want it anymore. It’s something that I would not choose even if they offered me a good option. But some people even take loans to get into hotels and spend their “vacation” there. I would rather get help from Mortgage Broker Wigan to get a better loan that I would use for a more reasonable purpose.

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Full access to community Forum
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal" guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Plus

• We are no longer taking applicants for this program
  • Look out for new features on our new site coming soon

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal