Relocating to PortugalGood evening all – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Serenity Banner
  • spartan Fx

Relocating to PortugalGood evening all

TOD
Premium Member
Topic starter
(@tod)

Good evening all. I am 74 years old and looking to buy a restaurant in the Penela area for my daughter and her partner, who is a chef in the uk, and her two small children. I am married and we would have come before now but Boris Trump and Covid put a stop to our plans so we are using the D7 visa procedure to make this happen. Any useful tips would be much appreciated

Topic Tags
1 Reply

Premium Member
(@david21)

Hi Tod, My spouse & I are currently applying for a D-7 Visa. I submitted our document package to VFS in Washington D.C. about 3 weeks ago. We understand that it has now been passed to the PT. Consulate for processing, but the process could take 30-60 days. Maybe it will be quicker if you are applying from the U.K.?  There is quite a lot of useful info on the VFS site & you can check the U.K. specific site. BTW, we hired a relocation company (Global Relocation) in Sintra to assist us with NIF, bank account, dog transport, etc...They have been very helpful so far. Hope this helps & good luck with your move!

• Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • EI Banner
  • Serenity Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

• Full access to our community Forum
  • Gain access to our 12 module ‘Moving to Portugal’ course
  • Guaranteed entry to our interactive webinars
  • Unlock hundreds of €’s in savings and freebies from our partners
  • Browse the forum with no advertising (only see our partners)
  • Receive community support
  • Email support
  • And last but not least, help us grow this website and community
Join Today€97 per year

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online