Relocating to PortugalGood evening all – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

Relocating to PortugalGood evening all

TOD
Premium Member
Topic starter
(@tod)

Good evening all. I am 74 years old and looking to buy a restaurant in the Penela area for my daughter and her partner, who is a chef in the uk, and her two small children. I am married and we would have come before now but Boris Trump and Covid put a stop to our plans so we are using the D7 visa procedure to make this happen. Any useful tips would be much appreciated

Topic Tags
1 Reply

Premium Member
(@david21)

Hi Tod, My spouse & I are currently applying for a D-7 Visa. I submitted our document package to VFS in Washington D.C. about 3 weeks ago. We understand that it has now been passed to the PT. Consulate for processing, but the process could take 30-60 days. Maybe it will be quicker if you are applying from the U.K.?  There is quite a lot of useful info on the VFS site & you can check the U.K. specific site. BTW, we hired a relocation company (Global Relocation) in Sintra to assist us with NIF, bank account, dog transport, etc...They have been very helpful so far. Hope this helps & good luck with your move!

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online