Selling house contents - Page 2 – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• spartan Fx

Selling house contents

Page 2 / 2

Community Member
Topic starter
(@markba)

Hello all,

I am selling the content of our house in Aveiro.

We are now nearing the completion of the sale so we need to empty the property of all its contents by the end of October. 

Does anyone know of a company that would buy 2nd hand furniture or alternatively hold an open-house sale/auction, if that sort of thing works in Portugal?

We also need to organise a skip or two as well, so if anyone has any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it. 

If anyone is interested in buying some 2nd hand furniture (most of which was imported from the UK) we'd be happy to arrange a quick sale.

I'm planning on being in Portugal from the 2nd week of October and have a two-week window to complete this task.

Any help and advice are greatly appreciated.

I'll add some photos shortly

Thanks in advance.

Mark

12 Replies

Community Member
Topic starter
(@markba)

Just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for their input so far, it is greatly appreciated!!

I think the best way to describe the contents for sale is 'vintage' (not brown). Examples attached. if anyone is interested in anything I'm open to talking about

a quick and easy sale. 

But again, thanks for all the help!!

Community Member
Topic starter
(@markba)

Community Member
(@flygirl1234)

You could sell individual items or sets or advertise an estate sale on Facebook Marketplace. If you’re looking for someone to buy in bulk, a bit far for you but in the Algarve we have several businesses and charitable organizations that deal in purchase and resale of second hand furniture. There must be something similar up north. Also, I’m sure an auction house would also be interested. 

Ask Our Expats Consultant
(@pamalcobaca)
Estimable Member

Sorry I don't know anything specific to Aveiro, but there are some places that do house clearances (but I din't think they will offer much). For example there is Associação Novo Sentido in Alfeizerão (Silver Coast).

There are active (mainly expat) Facebook groups for buying and selling all kinds of items in most areas - I've known people sell things very quickly on those. I have also seen garage sales advertised in these groups and even went to one once!

1 Reply
Community Member
(@markba)

@pamalcobaca Thanks Pam, I've joined a fair few groups so far, so fingers crossed.

Page 2 / 2

• EI Banner
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Plus

Exclusive member-only content
€347 Year
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Access to our private online Group
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • Weekly Q&A call with Carl Munson
  • Personal support
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online