Transfer of funds – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

Transfer of funds

Page 1 / 2

Community Member
Topic starter
(@s-paul)

Hi All, 

Hope life s getting back on track as of unlock. Must be good to see fullfaces than masks. 

I am planning to put application within few days. Need to know what s smart way to transfer funds (euros 25k).

Should I go Directly through bank (millenium BCP) Or WISE or Spartan fx. 

bank transaction charges n forex rates seems on higher side. Does WISE or Spartan provides better rates n less charges.

Anyone who dealt with this already? 

Kindly advise, through what way I can save heavy transaction charges n get best forex rate to go for. 

Regards

Paul. 

Topic Tags
16 Replies

Premium Member
(@antifiat)

Hi  Paul,

We began our visa process and have only transferred for small amounts so far (~1000). We have used both PayPal and now Wise.

From what we see, Wise has the best rates for transfers.  Their process is also very transparent...you know exactly what rate and fees you pay before anything happens.

Soon we too will have to transfer a larger amount to fund our new bank account. I am suspecting (assuming) that we will use Wise to do that as well.

Hopefully that is helpful.

All the best,

Jay

Admin
(@gerry)
Honorable Member

Hello Paul & Jay

We also recommend Spartan FX who offer a service very similar to Wise but with a personal touch. They will consult directly with you on your individual needs and you can even fix the rate of exchange for future transfers. If you would like an introduction, let me know by PM or email and I'll gladly arrange.

2 Replies
Premium Member
(@antifiat)

@gerry Yes. Thanks Gerry.  If we go ahead with a major purchase, we will certainly look into Spartan FX and their services.

We may even investigate how they handle ongoing transfers to see if in the long run, they become the best way to go. 👍 

Community Member
(@s-paul)

Hi Gerry, 

thanks for your response. yes please, i would like to have a word with them , kindly introduce. 

thanks

Paul. 

Premium Member
(@jgibson)
Estimable Member

We’ve had good luck with Wise

Community Member
Topic starter
(@s-paul)

thank u all. you guys been a great help. 

Page 1 / 2

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online