Transfer of funds - Page 2 – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• spartan Fx

Transfer of funds

Page 2 / 2

Community Member
Topic starter
(@s-paul)

Hi All, 

Hope life s getting back on track as of unlock. Must be good to see fullfaces than masks. 

I am planning to put application within few days. Need to know what s smart way to transfer funds (euros 25k).

Should I go Directly through bank (millenium BCP) Or WISE or Spartan fx. 

bank transaction charges n forex rates seems on higher side. Does WISE or Spartan provides better rates n less charges.

Anyone who dealt with this already? 

Kindly advise, through what way I can save heavy transaction charges n get best forex rate to go for. 

Regards

Paul. 

Topic Tags
16 Replies

Community Member
Topic starter
(@s-paul)

kindly get back on this , i loaned some amount ($20k) to one of my friend couple of years back, who has moved to portugal now. 

now if i visit portugal as a tourist, get nif , open bank account. can i deposit that amount there locally by getting it back from him as a cash or bank transfer.

and then come to home country and apply D7, is it possible and legal ? 

kindly advise.

Thanks 

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@thunderduck)

Reputable Member

@s-paul I can't answer this question but I have used Wise many times to transfer funds from the US. Their fees are low but if someone knows a cheaper way then I'm all ears.

Admin UserGroup
(@gerry)
Honorable Member

@s-paul

You could also try Spartan FX - call Sarah on +44(0)2039840450 and see if they can help 🙂 

5 Replies
Community Member
(@s-paul)

Thanks Gerry, I ll give it a go. Any email address? 

Thanks 

Community Member
(@s-paul)

kindly get back on this , i loaned some amount ($20k) to one of my friend couple of years back, who has moved to portugal now. 

now if i visit portugal as a tourist, get nif , open bank account. can i deposit that amount there locally by getting it back from him as a cash or bank transfer.

kindly advise.

Thanks

Admin UserGroup
(@gerry)

Honorable Member

@s-paul 

Yes, I'll send you a private message

Community Member
(@s-paul)

kindly advise.

Thanks

Admin UserGroup
(@gerry)

Honorable Member

@s-paul 

I have already replied as above and you seem to have repeated this message on another post thread which I have now deleted. I don't believe you need to get a NIF and open a bank account in Portugal just to deposit some money in your bank account unless you wish to keep the money in Portugal but you have not made that clear. Also, don't understand your question about what is legal. Please clarify, are you intending to deposit money in Portugal and then return to UK and apply for residency in Portugal ??

Kind regards

Community Member
Topic starter
(@s-paul)

Thanks for a quicky response. Yes, if I get my loaned money back in Portugal by cash or bank transfer and deposit there in a portugese bank. And return n apply D7 from home country. 

Will this do, in a legal way. Or is it mandatory, to be transferred from home country, from the applicant's account only. 

Enlighten me on this. 

Thanks

Paul

Premium Member
(@healthy_move_portugal)
Eminent Member

Hello,

Just wondering if this is an issue for NON-EU people?

I have send money regularly from NL to GER and the other way around with standard banktransfer and have not discovered any extra charges (i Believe it is an EU law that a bank may not charge extra fees for money transfers to other EU bank as if money transfer was in same country)

So I was planning to just open a Portugese Bankaccount (any suggestions what bank i should pick) and then transfer from my bank to PT bank.

or am i missing something here??

cheers

ML

Page 2 / 2

• Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Plus

Exclusive member-only content
€347 Year
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Access to our private online Group
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • Weekly Q&A call with Carl Munson
  • Personal support
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online