Travel info for Braga/Guimaraes – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Martinhall banner
  • Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

Travel info for Braga/Guimaraes

Community Member
Topic starter
(@catwhit)

Hi expats - We are arriving October 10th for 2 months reconnaissance in Portugal. We are planning on eventually buying a home there, so investigating areas of interest to us. We have narrowed it down to North and Central regions, looking at smaller cities/towns. We will spend 1 - 2 weeks in each of the main areas we like, and "daisy-chain" daily out from there.

We will be starting with Braga and Guimaraes - but find a lack of travel info. What's a good source for basic travel info?

Topic Tags
3 Replies

VIP Member
(@x-camone)
Noble Member

Hi, and welcome to the forum from me.

Can you be a bit more specific about the topics of information you're looking for?

There's the Visit Portugal website which has information on the various regions, towns etc which could give you a start but if there's anything not covered there on Braga & Guimarães area ask away and I'll see if I can get something more to your needs.

2 Replies
Community Member
(@catwhit)

@x-camone The VISIT PORTUGAL site is great, thx. Now, your recommendation for best site(s) for accoms? restaurants? Our guidebook is woefully inadequate for the north...

We are an active retired couple. Toured Portugal on our motos for 2 months in 2019. Planning on moving from USA to Portugal, in a few years. So this trip is about narrowing down the places we would want to settle. Towns/smaller cities interest us more than big cities. We will spend 10 days in Braga/Guimaraes and explore new areas daily, then on to south of the Douro.

VIP Member
(@x-camone)

Noble Member

@catwhit I can't really do better than suggest the most prominent online bookings sites for accommodation. I personally use a combo of Google maps, Bookings .com Airbnb and maybe one or 2 others. With restaurants, I wouldn't normally do much by way of prior research since wherever I go in PT is usually plentifully supplied with trad-style PT joints, where it's my preference to eat out, and it's just a matter of strolling about to spot something that suits.

I certainly wouldn't recommend spending too much time reading clients' reviews on either. You'll always find the "This was the best ever in my entire experience anywhere" right next to "Awful. Never again"

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online