Travel Insurance – New Members - Start Here – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Serenity Banner
  • spartan Fx

Travel Insurance

Community Member
Topic starter
(@tanja)

Hi Everyone,

I'm Tanja, moved to Lisbon in June and now have residency through my German passport.  My Canadian husband is still waiting for his residency. I also have dual citizenship with Canada.

Thanks for all the insurance advice on the forum. We have private health insurance for Portugal through Millenium Bank, which covers us for trips outside of Portugal, but for only 35 percent of emergency costs.

This won't work for us, so we need to purchase travel insurance and I'm finding it difficult to find companies who will provide 100 percent emergency travel insurance coverage for worldwide travel (US, Canada, UK, Shengen, Asia...)

Have any of you purchased travel insurance only?  I'm hoping to purchase yearly travel insurance coverage instead of travel insurance on a trip by trip basis, but I will take any advice out there. I'm wondering if it would also be helpful to others if we generated a list of companies that offer this service.

Thanks for your help. It's great to have this community as support.

Tanja

4 Replies

Admin
(@thomasribatejo)
Reputable Member

I cannot be sure whether it meets your needs, but Globelink Travel Insurance has a range of policies, onto which you can add an Excess Waiver to reduce the excess to zero.  www.globelink.eu  I have no affiliation with them, but have had policies with them back when travel was a thing 😉 though I never needed to claim.

1 Reply
Community Member
(@tanja)

@thomasribatejo Thanks so much! I just took a look and I will call to get more information.  Super helpful. Appreciated.

Tanja

1 Reply
Community Member
(@tanja)

@misticjeff Thank you so much!  Super helpful.

Tanja

• Serenity Banner
  • EI Banner
  • Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online