Any Singles Moving to Portugal on their Own?? – Non EU Folk – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Any Singles Moving ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

Any Singles Moving to Portugal on their Own??

Page 1 / 6

Topic starter
(@sarar)

Hi Everyone

Are there any singles moving on their own to Portugal?

Would love to hear your perspective on making a move to Portugal on your own

86 Replies

Premium Member
(@jeanne)
Estimable Member

Message sent

1 Reply
 Els
Community Member
(@els)

@jeanne Ola! I just moved to Portugal or let’s say that I am still on my way. I came with my van from Belgium and I will live in a house in Obidos from september. I have to say that the first week was very hard but now I feel home and people are so kind and helpfully here that you feel blessed to be here. You will love it!

Community Member
(@curiousredhead)

I haven't decided just yet to make the move, but I've been thinking about it for a while now. Like you, I'd love to hear the experiences of others who have made the plunge!

Gina

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@jeanne)

Estimable Member

@curiousredhead   Same here. So reading on-the-ground reports from other singles would be much appreciated. Buying or renting? Reasons for selecting the location where you've settled? What new activities have you found to fill your days? Any public libraries with a good collection of materials in English?  Thx.

Premium Member
(@cindyb)
Eminent Member

Yep, on my way!

Premium Member
(@longhornlady)
Trusted Member

@sarar

I moved alone with my small dog in May 2021 and currently live in Porto. I have quite a few Expat friends here that moved as singles and we do things together, travel to events, etc. 

It is quite safe here for a single woman or man. There are a lot of English speakers and people, both expats and Portuguese are very warm and welcoming and happy to help you get through the steps to get settled.

Paula

1 Reply
Community Member
(@leonard)

@longhornlady Hi Paula! I'm live in South Carolina and am coming to Porto in a month or so to look at buying a property and was wondering if I might buy you a coffee and ask you a few questions. Thanks! Leonard

Page 1 / 6

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online