Change of address notification – Non EU Folk – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Change of address n...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Change of address notification

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@bonniem)
Trusted Member

Hi all!

I signed my 6-month rental contract while I was still in the USA and it showed my current (at the time) California address.

I am now in Porto and I know I need to inform the powers that be of my new local address. I have been told several different places I need to visit to make this simple??? change. The first office I was sent to said I just needed to come back no sooner than 30 days before my SEF appointment, fill out a form and get it notarized with the two apartment owners present as witnesses. My appointment with SEF is July 26 in Espinho. 

The next office said I needed to translate my written-in-English rental agreement into Portuguese and then come back again to change it. And to make an appointment on-line first. and the website is only in Portuguese. So far, I have an arsenal of about five words in Portuguese...none of which show up on the website!

1 Reply

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@bonniem)
Trusted Member

Sorry, hit the wrong key!

Anyway...does anyone know the correct procedure so I comply with letting them know where I am living in Portugal while waiting for my D7 SEF appointment? And I know SEF will certainly want it!!

Thanks,

Bonnie

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online