Cost of re-framing art in Portugal? – Non EU Folk – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Cost of re-framing ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

spartan Fx

Cost of re-framing art in Portugal?

3 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
Premium Member
Topic starter
(@mac57)
  • I got a price to ship some original art from US to Portugal and the cost is prohibitive. A US friend suggested I remove all my art from frames to make it easier to transport as luggage when I move thinking that I could reframe for a relatively low cost.  Has anybody had experience with this?  IS framing in Portugal considerably less expensive than it is in the US?
2 Replies

Ask our Expat Consultant
(@thomasribatejo)

We've recently used Atelier de Moldura (atelierdemoldura.pt - although the point is, they have a physical location in Lisbon) as we needed a couple of things framed which had particular requirements. Most of the online places do not provide a service in relation to what goes in the frame, just the frame itself, if you see what I mean.

In our case, for a canvas to be stretched onto a stretcher frame, and then framed within a suitable antique-style wooden frame, came to 218€ for a roughly 60cm x 40cm canvas (visible area after framing) including materials, service and tax. 

From what I can tell, the materials are more costly, the service less so, than the UK, and it levels out broadly similarly for what you end up with.

Many towns have a place which offers framing, but to be honest, the service and selection in the average medium to large town is poor. Art framers in the more formal sense are not widespread.

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year

Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Full access to community Forum
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal" guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Plus

• We are no longer taking applicants for this program
  • Look out for new features on our new site coming soon

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal