Covid test for travel – Non EU Folk – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Covid test for trav...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Sovereign Group Leaderboard

Covid test for travel

Community Member
Topic starter
(@ragbagger)

I am a US citizen required to have proof of a negative result from a Covid test taken no more than 72 hours before my flight departs Lisbon for the US in two weeks. I have registered three different times for the Red Cross walk-in PCR test with different email addresses and have yet to receive the promised email confirmation of the appointment. (No, it's not gone to junk mail.) Nothing has come through, which gives me concern about receiving the results by email with the 48-hour window between the test and my flight once I take the test. The people on site at the testing location have no interaction with, knowledge of, or control over the confirmation/reporting functions. The booking website has no phone number or other information. The operation appears to be run by a Portuguese software company whose website makes no mention of Covid testing. SNAFU. Does anyone have any information that could help?

1 Reply

Ask Our Expats Consultant
(@anavieira)

Hello,

I don´t know about Red Cross but you can go to a private hospital and get a test.

If you have private insurance and a prescription from your doctor, the test will be free of charge.

https://www.hospitaldaluz.pt/en/services-and-doctors/clinical-services/exams/covid-19-traveler-test#tabp-0

https://www.cuf.pt/en/covid-19/testes-covid-19

Good luck 🙂

Ana

Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online