Declaring new activity in Financas Portal - hitting a wall - Page 3 – Non EU Folk – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Declaring new activ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Declaring new activity in Financas Portal - hitting a wall

Page 3 / 3

Community Member
Topic starter
(@enlguy)

I am being told to register my activity (I am a non-EU national registering a self-employed activity which is the basis for the application for residency I will submit), I have to have a VAT representative registered.  I HAVE a fiscal representative from when I got my NIF, so Financas has this on record.  My business is not liable for VAT.  So I have no clue what to do.  I've called the Financas number, but of course all menus are in Portuguese, and getting through what I can with what I know, it is an endless tree I finally gave up on after getting four menus deep when it wouldn't accept my NIF.  

So, any idea on how to go about this so I can get my activity registered?  What have others done that have started a new activity as a self-employed non-resident?

Thank you! 

15 Replies

VIP Member
(@adensoph)
Eminent Member

Sorry to read of your stress and no idea what stage this is at but with Powers of Attorney here in Portugal specify ONLY what they have powers of. i.e. IVA / VAT. Nothing else.

A few years back, having temporarily retained an advogado (who was later briefly imprisoned for setting up and running an Alentejo / Romanian human trafficking ring but still practices) ... he didn't just want power over ALL my affairs (including bizarrely 'forensic' matters!) .... but also, totally unconnected to the invented Defamation matter against me; to have a mandate over my wife!

Just getting him off my back to switch to another advogado cost me 500 euros but another British couple here, involved in a long running fraud, have gone through at least 6 advogados. 2 never even turning up to court cases involving him ! Each time costing him 5,000 euros to get his papers back to pass on to the next advogado.

Page 3 / 3

Wow Wines Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online