Fiscal Representation and Brexit – Non EU Folk – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Fiscal Representati...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

Fiscal Representation and Brexit

Ask Our Expats Consultant
Topic starter
(@thomasribatejo)

The attached was recently circulated by the British Embassy, regarding the post-Brexit requirements around fiscal representation for people not legally resident in Portugal.

5 Replies

Ade
Community Member
(@ade)

Yes thank you Thomas, I read that and it just confirms what I was thinking, that I am responsible for appointing a fiscal representative on pain of draconian fines from the PT tax authorities otherwise.

Topic starter
(@thomasribatejo)

Yes, it's a pain, as logically what would come up with an account but no assets? You may find that small independent accountants would consider doing it for a small annual fee, perhaps... or a friend or relative with legal residency in Portugal can do it for you, if you know such a person.

2 Replies
 Ade
Community Member
(@ade)

@thomasribatejo Thanks, unfortunately I don't know anyone that well. I'll try some small accountancy firms and see what they say.

(@cabanastavira)

@ade

or maybe ask your avogado? I'd be inclined to get 3 quotes. You have time now that the deadline has ben extended.

(@cabanastavira)

Nominating and registering a Fiscal Representative (FR)

First of both you and your proposed Fiscal Representative must be registered on the Financas website http://www.portaldasfinancas.gov.pt

to do that you must have your Número de Identificação Fiscal (NIF) (also known as Número de contribuinte). You need to know both you and your FR’s NIF. Assuming that is in place:

1. To nominate your FR access the site, initiate a session and search (caixa de procura) for ‘representante fiscal’
  2. Click on ‘entregar nomeação’
  3. Introduce your FR’s NIF and click on ‘Âmbitos’
  4. Click on ‘iniciar nomeação do representante’
  5. The Financas will send a letter with a code to your nomination who must then log on to the Financas website and, search for ‘representante fiscal’ and click on ‘confirmar nomeação’ and enter the code.
  6. DONE!

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online