how can i open a bank account in portugal without NIF – Non EU Folk – Expats Portugal Community Forum
how can i open a ba...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either log in or register to join in the conversation.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please click on "Lost your password?" on the login page.

Booking.com

how can i open a bank account in portugal without NIF  

Page 1 / 2

Community Member
(@tortuga)

hello! Could you tell how i open a bank account in Portugal without NIF?? I cheсked everything and see that it's not possible to do without tax number...

7 Replies
Admin
(@lincolnbaggie)
Trusted Member

I’m pretty certain you need an NIF number. Why not just get one?

Admin
(@gerry)
Estimable Member

Hello @tortuga and a warm welcome.

I agree with @lincolnbaggie you will need a NIF number to open an account. Please take a look at the finance section of our site via this link.

https://expatsportugal.com/living-in-portugal/finances-in-portugal/

This will give you a starting point.

Admin
(@lincolnbaggie)
Trusted Member

@tortuga It's actually very simple to get an NIF number (assuming you are in Portugal) and doesn't commit you to anything to do with tax/IRS in Portugal as long as you are not permanently resident here and have a foreign home address you can give Financas (which is presumably the case as you haven't got an NIF at the moment). You will need one for practically anything you want to do here anyway (buying a car, renting/buying a property, opening a bank account etc).

Community Member
(@piccalo)

Hi @tortuga You can open a bank account of blackcatcard online with only your selfie and ID. At that time i didn't have NIF as well but was in an urgent need of european account. So i applied to blackcatcard. The account is activated immediately and the card will be sent to your address by international mail.

Page 1 / 2

Explorations Africa Banner Ad

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Join any Group within our Online Community
    • Get social on Zoom meet-ups and webinars
    • List products free of charge in Buy, Swap, Sell & Wanted
    • Include your local events in our events calendar
    • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
    • Receive exclusive member benefits and discounts from our partners
I WANT TO BE A PREMIUM MEMBEROnly €20 per year
Share:

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online