Long term accommodation requirements to support D7 Visa application – Non EU Folk – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Long term accommoda...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• spartan Fx
  • Serenity Banner

Long term accommodation requirements to support D7 Visa application

Page 1 / 2

Gav
Premium Member
Topic starter
(@gav)

Hi Folks, first time poster here so please go easy 😀 

I am applying for D7 Visa, waiting to get everything lined up before getting appointment (I went onto VFS website to book appointment (in Edinburgh) and they were willing to give me next day and I wasn't ready!).

So I have my NIF, I have my bank account open, I am aware of need to get medical insurance, and I think the last thing I need to get is accommodation (I have proof of passive income already).

I am searching and searching for long term (ie 12 month+) but can't find anything suitable. Plenty winter lets which take me from December (my move date) to May, but not beyond that. 

Does anyone know if the authorities would accept a rental to May, or whether it is required to have 12 months +? I have tried calling VFS but it just kept ringing, and I've emailed (no response yet). Wondered what everyone was thinking, and if I took a short-term, if I should secure another rental from May onwards to make up the 12 months +?

Any real experiences or advice appreciated.

Obrigado, and best wishes, Gavin

Topic Tags
6 Replies

Gav
Premium Member
Topic starter
(@gav)

I just spoke to VFS Edinburgh and they confirmed that 6 months proof of residence is fine for application. Asked them to confirm this in writing to my email address 😉

Community Member
(@naughtiusmaximus)

Gilda was recently saying that 1 yr min seems to be the requirement (this is what i'm searching for now too) - let us know if 6 months works! Good luck Gav

Gav
Premium Member
Topic starter
(@gav)

If I get the confirmation in writing, I'm going to go for it! Will report back!

1 Reply
 Gav
Premium Member
(@gav)

So I got an email confirmation, finally (!), this morning saying that the information provided on the phone was incorrect and that I should go with the information on the VFS website which states "Proof of stay for a minimum of 1 year - this can be long-term rental or owned property in Portugal.".

Community Member
(@naughtiusmaximus)

FYI I was at the VFS centre (london) today, they specifically asked if it was rental for 12 months. (which it was)  I didn't ask if 6 would have been enough, was fretting enough as it was 😀 Plus she seemed more of a paper pusher than a fountain of knowledge. 

Page 1 / 2

• EI Banner
  • Serenity Banner
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • Sovereign Group Leaderboard

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online