Need clarification on Portuguese insurance for getting the VISA – Non EU Folk – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Need clarification ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

Need clarification on Portuguese insurance for getting the VISA

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@tomekamanson)

So I listened to Gilda’s presentation today and heard her say Portuguese health insurance is required to apply foe the D7 VISA. 

I was surprised as I had it from a current PT insurgents agent that repatriation + a PT address ( along with other things that I already have) are required for the VISA purposes and regular PT insurance does not cover repatriation and as an American still living in PT without a second home in PT that I would have to get Travel insurance for the VISA requirements. 

so just to be sure, is Gilda really saying I don’t need repatriation policy or a Portuguese address? 

and if so which companies are offering this?  Thx

Topic Tags
2 Replies

Bert
Premium Member
(@bert)
Estimable Member

My understanding is that you do need PT health insurance and repatriation. But the repatriation will be insurance issued in the US because that is where you would need to be repatriated to with the D7. So 2 different policies

Bert
Premium Member
(@bert)
Estimable Member

Google travel insurance and you will find many companies in the US with repatriation. Millennium Bank offers a PT health policy but personally would recommend speaking with a broker in PT to get the best policy for your situation. Travel insurance and Portuguese health insurance are not related to the address you need for a D7 visa. You need them all

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online