SEF appointment – Non EU Folk – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Martinhall banner
  • Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

SEF appointment

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@bonniem)
Trusted Member

Hello all!

I have been trying to get an appointment with SEF.

I went on-line and they showed they had a "next appointment time" as in July in a town a couple of hours away from Porto. Then, I found a posting that said they were not taking appointments or answering phones until April 15th.

Can anyone verify if it is, in fact, true that they are basically closed for any communications until April 15th and where on their site you can, perhaps, request a specific location (I live in Porto by Ribeira). By the way, when I tried repeatedly to call two telephone numbers  on their site, they just rang endlessly and then the calls dropped.

I want to comply with SEF requirements and make certain I am proceeding properly to convert my residency permit into a residency visa!

Any up-to-date information appreciated!

Bonnie 

2 Replies

VIP Member
(@old-bloke)
Noble Member

@bonniem

Due to covid measures that is the case except for the circumstances specified in Order 1689-B/2021 of the 12th February, and only then at just a few locations what you are seeking to do isn't one of those circumstances.

Fortunately you need not worry as your residency visa that permitted your entry into Portugal has had its validity extended until the 31st December 2021 (and beyond that date once you have an appointment pending) by Decree law 22-A/2021 of the 17th March.

Links to these two documents are below.

Despacho 1689-B/2021

Decreto-Lei 22-A/2021  

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@bonniem)
Trusted Member

Thanks for your reply!

I will either be very busy with google translate or have to learn my Portuguese very quickly! 🙂

Nice to have the information as I've been quite concerned about it. I'll figure out how to read it......

Thanks,

Bonnie

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online